PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Toggle Compiz Plugins (window decoration) with commands

Woegjiub
August 26th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Howdy.

Now, it is possible in Kwin to toggle window decoration through the use of a hotkey.
This comes in handy for things like terminals, or vertically maximised windows.

Is there a way to do the same, via setting a command in compiz config to toggle the window decoration plugin, and then to assign a hotkey to this via the next tab over?

The titlebars hide deliciously when a window is maximised, but they are annoying when I have two windows vertically maximised with C_M_left or C_M_right.
Better still would be a way to hide the titlebars when windows are maximised partially in that manner, but I suspect that is not possible.

stinkeye
August 26th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Script to toggle decorations?

#!/bin/bash

if pidof /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator | grep [0-9] > /dev/null
then
killall /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator
else
/usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator
fi

Krytarik
August 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Just install CompizConfig Settings Manager, if you haven't already, and set "CCSM -> Effects -> Window Decoration -> Decoration Windows" to:

!state=maxvertRegards.

Woegjiub
August 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Just install CompizConfig Settings Manager, if you haven't already, and set "CCSM -> Effects -> Window Decoration -> Decoration Windows" to:

!state=maxvertRegards.
This is basically exactly what I was looking for, thankyou :D

Script to toggle decorations?

#!/bin/bash

if pidof /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator | grep [0-9] > /dev/null
then
killall /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator
else
/usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator
fi

This would come in handy, but killing applications seems somewhat like overkill, when compiz has a means for enabling/disabling plugins, as they are toggleable in CCSM, and seem like they should therefore be mappable to a command, somehow.
If that functionality does not exist, however, your way seems like the quickest and simplest, so thankyou.