PDA

View Full Version : Introduction!

TheodoreP
August 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hello,
My name is Ted and I have been using Ubuntu 12.04 precise for about a month now and am loving it. I have it running on my hp pavilion g7 quad core amd laptop inside windows. Personally I prefer to use a UNIX (meaning mac or Linux) as apposed to a windows. However I still don't feel like removing windows for some reason. By the way this post is just to introduce myself and say hello to everyone here. I work as a night-time manager but see myself as a web developer and graphic designer more. I don't know about any of you but personally I am much more comfortable and at home when I'm on a computer. No matter if it is for learning new coding techniques and styles or just goofing around on the INTERNET. So, again Hello!

irv
August 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I see you posted this on the Illinois Team part of the forum. But even though I am in Minnesota I still wanted to welcome you. The more you use Ubuntu Linux the more you will love it. I have been using it for 7 years now, and I finally made the break from Windows this year. I was doing a dual boot when I found I never booted into it any more, so when I install a new SSD I just installed Ubuntu and left windows off.
Anyway welcome to the forum.