PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarks Toolbar equivalent for Konqueror?

Castar
June 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I am wondering if there is a special folder in Konqueror's Bookmarks that makes its contents (and only them) visible in a main toolbar or something, like the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder in Firefox.

I am really missing this from Firefox ](*,)

Jucato
June 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Well basically, all bookmarks in Konqueror are visible in the bookmark toolbar. Go to the Settings menu, Toolbars and Enable Bookmark Toolbar. (or right-click on any toolbar, and you'll get the same options).

Castar
June 28th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Yes... I'm already aware of it. I was kind of hoping to have only a special folder with just the bookmarks I want for quick display... :roll:

Any ideas/plugins? Firefox is a bit sluggish in KDE... :(

Jucato
June 28th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Not an exact equivalent, but a sort of workaround.

Why not put all the bookmarks that you don't want to see in a single group/folder, so that they will be grouped as only one item on the toolbar? The bookmarks that you do want to see will be left as individual bookmark items on the toolbar.

You can basically arrange the bookmarks like a directory, with folders/groups and stuff like that. Play around in the "Edit Bookmarks" option in the Bookmarks menu.

Castar
June 29th, 2006, 11:18 AM
That's a good idea! :D

asimon
June 29th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Yes... I'm already aware of it. I was kind of hoping to have only a special folder with just the bookmarks I want for quick display... :roll:

Bookmarks->Edit Bookmarks, there choose your special folder with just the bookmarks you want to appear in the bookmarks toolbar, then in the menu choose Folder->Set as Toolbar Folder
Only the bookmarks in this folder will now appear in the bookmarks toolbar.

Castar
June 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM
OMG! That's exactly what I wanted :o

KDE rules once more! =D>

Tha only problem is that the RSS feeds do not automatically expand in Konqueror. Any tips on this?

Jucato
June 29th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Bookmarks->Edit Bookmarks, there choose your special folder with just the bookmarks you want to appear in the bookmarks toolbar, then in the menu choose Folder->Set as Toolbar Folder
Only the bookmarks in this folder will now appear in the bookmarks toolbar.

Wow! I never knew that! thanks asimon! I just learned something new. :D

@Castar: What do mean? Btw, have you tried using Akregator? It's a very nice RSS reader (at least better than Straw and Liferea in GNOME, IMHO). The nice thing about Akregator is it's integration with KDE and Konqueror. For example, you don't need to open up a feed/article to view it in full. You can view the full feed in a new tab inside Akregator itself. But you also have the option to open it in Konqueror, too. It also has a very nice notification if you have new feeds (you can set it to fetch new feeds at intervals).

Pekkalainen
June 29th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I just have a bookmarks button next to the other ones to the left of the adress bar, when I press it I get a menu with all my bookmarks, small and efficient :)