PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 12.04 and Android-sdk

tadeitto
August 25th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Hmm. At start wanna told that i'm fresh user of ubuntu 12.04. Some issues adviced me to change my operating system from windows to this nice and easy distro. I'm quite familliar with few linux distributions(fedora/openSUSE/redhat and some others) but i chose ubuntu because of support my graphic card(I got dell 1737 with amd radeon mobility 3650), in details it got fglrx driver.

Experience of mine with android-sdk lasts at least one year, i guess even more. I enjoyed this easy way to configure full eclipse and android-sdk. It was quite surprising that virtual device is working more effective than on windows. It is loading faster and performance is way more better. I've got no problems with installing software, but one thing is taking my mind. Being specific I tried installing API's directly from SDK, instead of using options in Eclipse. And that I's my question. Why does Eclipse that got link directly to SDK, got different folders than scripts in that directory. I meant why when i install something from files in SDK folder doesn't work with Eclipse. It is quite disturbing. I didn't check where does each process save the files, but it makes me curious. So if someone got nice answer. Please i want to know.

Sincerely tadeitto.

PS. English is not my native language.

cariboo
August 25th, 2012, 07:03 AM
You may get better answers to your question in the Programming sub-forum. Moved.

satsujinka
August 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if it's "why doesn't eclipse know how to find android versions I installed with the android tools themselves" then the answer is probably that you have some configuration wrong.
You may want to try posting screenshots to explain what you're trying to do.