PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] I can't recover rhythmbox controls

yardo
August 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi, I have removed various rhythmbox directorys as superuser to make rhythmbox detect my artbox correctly, but what I have done is not fix the problem but spoil the menu bars of the interface (window menu, play/pause/forward/next controls)

I remember one of the directorys was /usr/share/rhythmbox

How can I recover rhythmbox?

I have tried with apt-get remove --purge rhythmbox

But nothing works, when I reinstall the software I dont have the controls

Any help will be very appreciated

P.D: Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain and not bilingual

Frogs Hair
August 23rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
/usr/share/rhythmbox This directory includes just about everything that makes Rhythmbox function. The only thing I can think of is the following.
sudo apt-get install --reinstall rhythmbox
Be careful when removing items from the root file system and if you are not sure post a question here.

yardo
August 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM
This directory includes just about everything that makes Rhythmbox function. The only thing I can think of is the following.
sudo apt-get install --reinstall rhythmbox
Be careful when removing items from the root file system and if you are not sure post a question here.

Thanks Frogs, but the command doesnt work and the problem stills and I dont have the rhythmbox controls, what can I do? I don't want to reinstall ubuntu #-o

Frogs Hair
August 31st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Try this PPA and if it doesn't work I really don't have an answerer other than installing a different media player until you get it figured out.
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/rhythmbox-297-released-with-improved.html

There is VLC, Guayadequ and Banshee to name a few.