PDA

View Full Version : Common client for Oracle, SQL server, MySql, Postgresql, SQLite

vikkyhacks
August 23rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
I found a software "navicat" which can act as a client for mysql, oracle, sql server, mysql and sqlite ... I downloaded the trial copy and found that it uses wine to run on ubuntu ... I din like it but the idea was good that the software can support all db servers ... Are there any other software which can do the same ... ie can act as a client for Oracle, SQL server, MySql, Postgresql, SQLite .... ????

ofnuts
August 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I found a software "navicat" which can act as a client for mysql, oracle, sql server, mysql and sqlite ... I downloaded the trial copy and found that it uses wine to run on ubuntu ... I din like it but the idea was good that the software can support all db servers ... Are there any other software which can do the same ... ie can act as a client for Oracle, SQL server, MySql, Postgresql, SQLite .... ????
For all my database needs (looking at table contents, writing queries). I use Squirrel (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/). It supports all DBMs for which there is a JDBC driver, so that pretty much includes everybody.

vikkyhacks
August 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the reply ....
I loves that tool and am using it ... the only thing that irritates me is the small ugly font that it has ... how do i change the font size of the queries that i type ????

berenErchamion
August 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I agree - squirrel is the way to go.

ofnuts
August 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the reply ....
I loves that tool and am using it ... the only thing that irritates me is the small ugly font that it has ... how do i change the font size of the queries that i type ????
Global preferences (icon in top tool bar, right next to the "Connect to" field), "Fonts" tab.

vikkyhacks
August 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Global preferences (icon in top tool bar, right next to the "Connect to" field), "Fonts" tab.

I tried this one ... the problem is it can change any font except the query window and I need to change only the query window and keep all the other fonts as it is ....

ofnuts
August 26th, 2012, 01:02 AM
I tried this one ... the problem is it can change any font except the query window and I need to change only the query window and keep all the other fonts as it is ....
This font seems to be set "per session". See:
http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/user-manual/quick_start.html in section "New Session and Session Properties"

Edit: just checked... the doc above is obsolete, but the functionality is there:

"<menubar>/Session/Session properties" then, "SQL" tab, and scroll to bottom to the "SQL entry area" section.

You can also set it as a default for new sessions: "<menubar>/File/New session properties", then same.

jiminlexky
August 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
First time for me to use the forums! I have installed MySQL server and it is working well. I am now trying to write C code to put data into the DB. The .H files are not in the correct place and I have not been able to find any references for getting them installed. Using 12.04 distribution. Any help would be very much appreciated!

ofnuts
August 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM
First time for me to use the forums! I have installed MySQL server and it is working well. I am now trying to write C code to put data into the DB. The .H files are not in the correct place and I have not been able to find any references for getting them installed. Using 12.04 distribution. Any help would be very much appreciated!
This is a very different question and you should start a new thread for this...