PDA

View Full Version : The Ubuntu Forum is the most Friendly.

irv
August 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Truthfully saying, This forum is the most friendly forum I have ever been on. In a couple of months it will be 7 years since I joined and overall it has be very enjoyable and most of the members and staff have been friendly and kind and I just felt like saying Thanks to all and keep up the good work.

This forum is one of the reasons I encourage others to start using Ubuntu as there main OS. This will be the first year I am total free of Windows on my main computer.

One reason I hung on to Windows for so long was "Netflix Movies". Now that I have a Roku box, and Sony DVD player with Netflix on it and my Nook, I can watch movies any time and any where I don't need it on my laptop any more. And besides this I watch movies on Hulu, Amazon and other sites. Feels good to be free of Windows.

synaptix
August 23rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Truthfully saying, This forum is the most friendly forum I have ever been on.

It's certainly the most friendly of the Linux distro forums, that is for sure. :)

irv
August 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
It's certainly the most friendly of the Linux distro forums, that is for sure. :) I can't agree on it being the most friendly I've ever been on, since I'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums and they're pretty friendly too, also on a bunch of other forums which are friendly also.

Again being truthful I have never been on a Windows forum because I never found a need to be. So I can't say anything against them.

IWantFroyo
August 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Again being truthful I have never been on a Windows forum because I never found a need to be. So I can't say anything against them.

I've never posted on one, but I've read some of their conversations, and usually, Windows forum people either don't know what they're doing, or aren't very nice in general.

synaptix
August 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
I've never posted on one, but I've read some of their conversations, and usually, Windows forum people either don't know what they're doing, or aren't very nice in general.

There are good forums and bad forums regardless of whether it's Linux forum, Windows forum or Apple/Mac forum. :)

oxf
August 23rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
There are good forums and bad forums regardless of whether it's Linux forum, Windows forum or Apple/Mac forum. :)

Thats true. However, theres a funny dynamic that goes on in online forums in general in that some people act in a way that they maybe wouldn't face to face. Like they are more prone to bickering. Maybe it's because they can say things without being face to face?

But back to the point raised by Irv, yes this place is pretty friendly and I appreciate it :)

Veronica

irv
August 24th, 2012, 02:04 AM
This forum is so different than social networks like facebook. In facebook I have friends, family, and others that I know personally. Out here I can say I don't believe I know anyone personally, or I think I don't. But most folks that post regularly out here I feel I have a connection with. Maybe it is because we have Ubuntu in common that makes one feel like this.

Linuxratty
August 24th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I never used Windows forums when I had Windows since I've always had geeky friends.

Yes, this forum is nice. On some other large Linux forums,I just have not felt welcome,but this is a good forum and the mods do a great job of keeping out the spammers and riff raff.

I also like LI (see sig) and have had one member visit me from there and have Skyped others...I tend to like small groups.