PDA

View Full Version : Four year challenge

Nevertone
August 22nd, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hey guys!
I'm new to Ubuntu and I've decided to take a four year challenge.
These aren't just any four years but my four years of high school which is starting in two days. I will try to put up all the problems i face and this will hopefully help other people =D
I'm not really good at coding and stuff so i'll probably have a lot of problems =( But i'll try my best to solve them and hopefully you guys can help ;)

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
From your post, it seems you are aware of this; however, I will state it just in case you aren't. Be aware that the "Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy)", Section II states:

7. While we are happy to serve as a resource for hints and for asking questions when you get stuck and need a little help, the Ubuntu Forums is not a homework service. Please do not post your homework assignments expecting someone else to do it for you. Any such threads will be taken offline and warnings or infractions may be issued ( bold text is my emphasis ).

Aside from that cautionary statement, I wish you the best in your studies.

Bucky Ball
August 22nd, 2012, 02:47 AM
I've just finished a uni degree using primarily Ubuntu for the whole five year stretch (a tiny bit of A/V stuff was done on XP). Now it's doing me proud through honours so good luck. ;)

And yes, take note of Old Gray Wolf's advice and you'll be right. Generally, though, separate problems should be put in new threads to give them descriptive titles and avoid confusion. ;)