PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Double X screens on gnome classic

apowmit4
August 21st, 2012, 06:24 PM
I'm running 12.04 on my Macbook Pro 6,2 with the gnome classic desktop. I was messing around with an external monitor trying set it up with separate x screens vs. twin view. The problem is now I am getting double x screens on the laptop display. Two application menus, two logout icons, etc.

I've tried to reconfigure my xorg.conf file, uninstall and re-install the gnome classic environment, but I cannon get the double x screens to go away. Note that there is no problem if I log in with the default unity desktop.

Any suggestions?

mayonezo
September 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Hey, I got the exact same problem after messing with multiple monitors running debian wheezy. Also my 9 workspaces were spread over a 3x3 grid. Now it is a 1X9 grid. Did you find a solution to the problem?

mayonezo
September 15th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Okay, got it working again:

Alt+F2 and enter:
dconf reset -f /org/gnome/gnome-panel/

This will reset gnome panel and its settings.

guikubivan
February 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Okay, got it working again:

Alt+F2 and enter:
dconf reset -f /org/gnome/gnome-panel/

This will reset gnome panel and its settings.

Holy crap, thank you! It took me like an hour and a half to figure out why my windows weren't using the whole screen! I was confused more because I have a dual monitor setup and had to modify the primary monitor through xorg.conf (instead of xrandr). At first I thought my resolution was not right. Anyways, just adding some keywords for google and thanks again!