PDA

View Full Version : How many out here use Google Translate to answer posts?

irv
August 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
I was just wondering how many out here use Google Translate to read and write to posts on this forum? I started using it on other sites, and once in a while I run into a thread that is in a different language. So all I do is copy it to Google Translate and read it, and if I think I can help the poster I use it to write the answer and then translate it and copy it and re-post it.
Below is this post in Spanish.

En caso de que usted lea españoles me vuelva a publicar en español.
Me preguntaba cuántos aquí utilizar Google Translate para leer y escribir mensajes en este foro? He empezado a utilizar en otros sitios, y de vez en cuando me encuentro con un hilo que está en un idioma diferente. Así que todo lo que hago es copiarlo a Google Translate y leerlo, y si pienso que puedo ayudar al cartel que lo uso para escribir la respuesta y luego traducirlo y copiarlo y volver a publicar.

sffvba[e0rt
August 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Seeing as the only place on this forum posting in a language other than English is allowed is the LoCo sub-forums I haven't needed to.

Lucradia
August 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Seeing as the only place on this forum posting in a language other than English is allowed is the LoCo sub-forums I haven't needed to.

This.

Elfy
August 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
I've used it translate some prior to pointing them in the right direction

synaptix
August 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
This.

I am also in agreement.

odiseo77
August 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I don't have the need since I speak Spanish (native) and English (second language), and a little bit of Italian and French. Besides, Google Translate makes horrible translations, lol (it's useful sometimes to have an idea of what a text mean, but I wouldn't dare to use it in order to translate something into a language I don't know).

Lucradia
August 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
I don't have the need since I speak Spanish (native) and English (second language), and a little bit of Italian and French. Besides, Google Translate makes horrible translations, lol (it's useful sometimes to have an idea of what a text mean, but I wouldn't dare to use it in order to translate something into a language I don't know).

The only time I use translation services like Google Translate is to translate something from another language into English so I can reply in English. I'm very good at piecing things together into a good English paragraph, even if it is something like "To meet you in the end of that?" Sometimes it is quite impossible to piece the translation into English, with correct flow though.

odiseo77
August 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
The only time I use translation services like Google Translate is to translate something from another language into English so I can reply in English. I'm very good at piecing things together into a good English paragraph, even if it is something like "To meet you in the end of that?" Sometimes it is quite impossible to piece the translation into English, with correct flow though.

Yes, me too. Sometimes I use it to translate pieces of text my brother in law writes to me in French (when my limited knowledge of French is not enough). I may use it to reply to him, but I always have to fix the translated text so it makes sense.

irv
August 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
English was my worst subject in school, so maybe I should be translating my language into English. :p

sffvba[e0rt
August 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM
English was my worst subject in school, so maybe I should be translating my language into English. :p

Best stick to American then ;)