PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] IDLE Customization

Tinker Tantrum
August 21st, 2012, 04:37 AM
Hello Ubuntu World!

I was wondering if there is a way to get auto-completion in the Python Interactive Interpreter in BASH. For example: If I hit the "[" the following "]" automatically comes up, like in Vim. It annoys me when I'm following examples in books and have to type out every parentheses, quote, etc. So any references would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hetepeperfan
August 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Hello Ubuntu World!

I was wondering if there is a way to get auto-completion in the Python Interactive Interpreter in BASH. For example: If I hit the "[" the following "]" automatically comes up, like in Vim. It annoys me when I'm following examples in books and have to type out every parentheses, quote, etc. So any references would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

I don't know whether it is possible in idle, but in the interactive interpreter in bash i'm very much afraid you can better forget about it. But there are many python shells available look for spider, ipython and perhaps eclipse (although I do not know if Eclipse allows for interactive use.

cheers

Tinker Tantrum
September 21st, 2012, 06:22 AM
Spyder is great! Thanks for the advice.