PDA

View Full Version : I like Yard Sales !

Frogs Hair
August 21st, 2012, 02:30 AM
I purchased a printer like the one at the link for $11.00 with a full cartridge and USB cable at a yard sale . Its only problem was a piece of wallboard had fallen inside and obstructed the paper feed. http://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-Printer-Scanner-Copier/dp/B00004YZCS

Both Linux and Windows 7 drivers were available and the manual was of course free on line. The scanner, copier, printer, are working fine , but I have yet to test the fax.

forrestcupp
August 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
I guess it's worth $850 to not have to remove a piece of wallboard. :)

Frogs Hair
August 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think so, but the price was right . :p Funny though , the printer and cartridge were $10.00 and the USB cable was a $1.00.

irv
August 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
I like Yard Sales also. I picked up a desktop computer for 25 cents and it works. I had some old memory laying around that I added, and that's all I did to it. It's been used over 2 years now and it is still running great. My grand kids use it every time they come over.

The old saying, one man's junk is another man's treasure. I picked up a projector some years ago that was being junked out because the bulb shattered and the projector was full of glass and the color wheel would not turn. I even got the new bulb with it. I'm thinking it was about a $5,000 projector back then. I took it home, took it apart and got all the glass out of it, put the new bulb in it and got it to work. I still have it.