PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Adding a custom skin or image around windows

6divide9
August 20th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Hi all! I'm not sure which forum to post this in so I thought I'd start here because I couldn't find any answers through google (and I don't have have a whole lot of time to keep searching).

I've been wanting to do something with my applications (emulators in particular), where, I launch them in a window set at a specific position on my screen. Setting them in a certain part of the screen isn't my issue, though. What I wanted to do for each window, or game, when I launch it is to have a custom themed skin or image bordering the window following the theme of the game or app I just launched. I don't know how to do that though. I know Python if that helps any, and I was thinking of making a screenlet to surround the window and launch the game underneath it to sort of make that effect, but it seems like there's definitely a better way to do this. Especially since the emulators I use are open source.

What I'm looking for is a pointer in the right direction to study up on how to make this happen. Or any options I have in general to make this happen, because it's something I'd really like to have set up in my environment. Please help. :) I hope this was descriptive enough..

Frogs Hair
August 21st, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hello and Welcome

The link may help, GTK 3.4 is in use on 12.04. http://www.gtk.org/

6divide9
August 21st, 2012, 12:40 AM
Thank you very much :)