PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mouse pointer disappears on right side of screen, reappears on left

youandyours
August 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum category.

My mouse pointer disappears off of the right side of the screen. It won't come back until I shake the mouse back toward the left just a bit, and then it reappears back on the left side of the screen. It's not just that it's invisible, though. It's actually gone. I can tell because no links highlight or anything like that.

This is new behavior. First started a couple days ago, perhaps in relation to a batch of updates, but I can't really be sure. It's extremely annoying, as every time I go for the scroll bar, I over shoot and end up back on the left side.

Running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. I'm not sure what other information you need, but I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance!

surlysmiles
September 5th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I have this same exact problem. It must be some sort of bug, however what exactly is happening is that whenever my cursor hits the far right of the screen, it will literally disappear into the right side and reappear on the left side of the screen after I shake my mouse a little.

ugurbor
May 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I have the exact problem as described in the first post. Any solutions? I somehow think ati drivers may be the cause. Because I have noticed it some time after installing drivers.