PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Can I Change Unity Launcher Background Color?

w201
August 18th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Hi- I was reluctant to start a thread for such a simple problem, but it's a nagging one... I need help changing the background color of my launcher...

I have compiz and ubuntu tweak installed. I read somewhere that ubuntu tweak has a feature that lets you pay around with the launcher settings, but haven't been able to find anything pertaining to background color.

So, anyone care to chime in?

Thanks!

Frogs Hair
August 18th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Myunity 3.0 is supposed to have a color setting . http://www.noobslab.com/2012/02/install-myunity-30-on-ubuntu.html

w201
August 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks man. I really didn't want it to come down to installing another app, especially since compiz is so buggy and I've already had a few conflicts between it and ubuntu tweak, but if there's no other way I guess I won't have a choice.

I'll wait for a few more replies before I take the plunge. If I install MyUnity, would it be a good idea to remove ubuntu tweak?

Frogs Hair
August 18th, 2012, 04:02 AM
There is overlap in features between the three applications and Compiz is needed so UT is what I would remove.

w201
August 18th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Since MyUnity can do most of what UT can do plus more, I'll live without UT. Thanks again.