PDA

View Full Version : linux killer

Kickinthedoor
August 15th, 2012, 11:48 PM
So i just googled what win 7 version is the lightest. And i saw an link and the preview went on about how windows 7 was being considered a linux killer. Haha i damn near pissed myself

szymon_g
August 16th, 2012, 02:30 AM
you forgot to add, that the amount of linux users has fallen after Beta of windows 7 was released.

Kickinthedoor
August 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Really, you wouldnt happen to know the exact % do you? I wonder why people would stop using linux? Even on a good day i get problems here and there and i only use win 7 to stream netflix. I think alot of people are afraid to try something different so they cling to the os theyre most familiar with. Still a pretty cool bit of info though

zombifier25
August 19th, 2012, 03:36 AM
So i just googled what win 7 version is the lightest. And i saw an link and the preview went on about how windows 7 was being considered a linux killer. Haha i damn near pissed myself

Link please. Because Linux at the time is classified as a low-level enemy of Windows (still now)

You must be talking about the server version.

acimi66
August 19th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I can only speak for myself but I am glad to be off windows ALTOGETHER!!!

I see now they (ms) are making the upgrade to win8 cheap (still $40) because their Metro desktop is getting terrible reviews AND media centre is going to be an extra cost if you don't upgrade!?! ....It just keeps getting funnier. And people continue to buy that crap!!

windows isn't killing anything but it's own users

darkapec
August 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I can only speak for myself but I am glad to off windows ALTOGETHER!!!

I see now they (ms) are making the upgrade to win8 cheap (still $40) because their Metro desktop is getting terrible reviews AND media centre is going to be an extra cost if you don't upgrade!?! ....It just keeps getting funnier. And people continue buy that crap!!

windows isn't killing anything but it's own users

The worst part is nothing is really going to change. With major pc companies packaging windows with all there machines what is a typical end user to do? I saw a few laptops HP was selling that had the option to come with linux instead of windows and they cost more then the windows version!! Exact same hardware and everything, must have something to do with the amount of kick backs they get from loading all the advertisements on the windows machines.

and until modern top end games make there way to linux none of my friends will be making the switch.

their loss

Paqman
August 19th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I wonder why people would stop using linux?

Since Linux users have almost all switched OS at least once already, I'd say they're probably more likely than average to switch again.

It's like the browser wars. When Chrome came out it sucked a lot more users from Firefox than from IE, because a lot of the folks using IE are the type who will never switch, no matter how good the alternatives are. Whereas the Firefox crowd have already found they can have a positive experience from switching, so are more likely to do it again.

Likewise Linux users.