PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] google chrome with youtube

linux83
August 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hello Friends,
i start using google chrome browser instead of firefox.
i have problem if i play a video, the side pannel video,comments and every thing disappear, only the video with be there.

is it a setting or any fix for this please.

system ubuntu 10.04 x32.

linux833.

Frogs Hair
August 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Are you using the large player option ? That would move the content on the right to the bottom .

linux83
August 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Hi Frogs Hair,
what do you mean by large player, my issue is once i play the video the side pannel video (suggested video) and all page contents disappear, only the video will be there on the middle of the page.

could you please help me on this.

Frogs Hair
August 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM
The player size set from the tool bar below the video. The fist picture is the small player next is large and the last full screen .

linux83
August 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hello Frogs Hair,
thanks alot for your reply, i found it's not matter what ever it's small or big view, please see the snapshot. once i play the video both side informations and video comments disappear, i have to click back to go the video list again.

markbl
August 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
linux83, I find a lot of problems in the default flash player on google chrome on ubuntu. See my comment and workaround here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12113601&postcount=4.

Frogs Hair
August 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hello Frogs Hair,
thanks alot for your reply, i found it's not matter what ever it's small or big view, please see the snapshot. once i play the video both side informations and video comments disappear, i have to click back to go the video list again.

Sorry , I haven't seen this problem before . I don't have a Youtube account so I don't if it could be account setting related or if it is just a flash problem as suggested.

linux83
August 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
linux83, I find a lot of problems in the default flash player on google chrome on ubuntu. See my comment and workaround here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12113601&postcount=4.
Hello markbl and Frogs Hair,
thanks alot for your help and support, i will check these solution out and will post back what work for me to help other.

again, thanks alot.

linux83
August 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Just to update this and might help other,
by mistake i install "YouTube Options for Google Chrome" extension that
has default options to hide these information plus comments.

either to remove this option or tune it.