PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 Desktop Icons misaligned when Monitor Placement changes

StNick
August 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to Ubuntu, coming from Windows 7 and so far, everything is going rather well. One issue I am having is the desktop icon alignment. I use a laptop, along with an second monitor. Since the second monitor sits slightly higher than my laptop monitor, I use the monitor placement feature under Displays to lower the laptop monitor slightly so that when I move my cursor from one display to the next, it remains aligned.

This works well, except for the fact that the desktop icons do not obey this placement, and therefore they are cut off at the top where I cannot reach them. I think this may also have something to do with the resolution difference between monitors (1280x800 vs 1440x900).

Any suggestions? Right now, I cannot use my desktop which makes this issue somewhat of a deal-breaker. Thanks in advance!

adirolfx
September 14th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I have the same issue, although it was working for me prior to me disabling the Unity desktop. I am now using Classic with no effects. I did this due to LibreOffice causing crashes. And I don't need all the bells and whistles.

As I find more help, I will post it here. Unless there are others that have already found an answer?