PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who fans rejoice

trash
March 16th, 2005, 10:36 PM
As a kid when i lived in good old England(Southport somewhere near the beach) we were obsessed with this show, i even built a repica of the telephone box out of popsicle sticks for school lol.

I'm curious if all you Doctor Who fans like the new Doctor?

I am rejoicing:D

WillCooke
March 16th, 2005, 11:34 PM
If you like that you might also be interested in:

http://www.hitchhikersmovie.com

:D

trash
March 16th, 2005, 11:39 PM
haha, you bet! BBC radio broadcasts, listened all the time.
can't watch the trailer though:(... will check BT. Thanks!

carlc
March 17th, 2005, 01:10 AM
I do not know who Doctor Who is but I am looking foward to the movie release of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

trash
March 17th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I do not know who Doctor Who is but I am looking foward to the movie release of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

oh my, you have 20+ years of the Doctor to catching up on lol.

Yukonjack
March 17th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Been a fan since the start of Doctor Who, loved them all :)

soleille
March 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Has anyone made a Doctor Who theme for Gnome?
On Ubuntu, I don't know to do much more than set a background picture - on windows I had nifty little icons like the Tardis for My Computer, A Cyberman (Delete! Delete!) for the trash, A Dalek for other stuff etc... I don't know how to do it here, but I bet with the combination of Doctor Who and Ubuntu geeks chances are there is something already all set up that I could just install? Would be nice :o)

mips
March 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM

THGTHG movie was released a few years ago? Any the movie was really bad, stick to the books.

I'm not very fond of Dr Who though.

Teber
March 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
is there any tea on this spaceship? beware! there be vogons and you'd be dying for a cup of tea!

i never liked the hgttg movie. loved one of the telly series though.

for those who do not not like dr. who. the late lamented douglas adams used to write that series...

macogw
March 11th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Wow umm that poll fails. What about "I don't watch the new Doctor Who but I love the old one"?? I watched Tom Baker late at night all the time when I was a kid.

Chame_Wizard
April 5th, 2008, 10:15 PM
and season 4 is on :guitar:

trash
April 5th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Wow umm that poll fails. What about "I don't watch the new Doctor Who but I love the old one"?? I watched Tom Baker late at night all the time when I was a kid.

the new ones only just started when i posted so nobody had been watching them... now it's dated though!

wahoo season 4! I just finished downloading and watching ALL of LEXX so I need some new stuff:popcorn:

jgrabham
April 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Not a huge fan of the new ones, but theyll do, better than the usual rubbish thats on on saturdays (But then again, I hardly watch TV anyway)

hessiess
April 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
its not too bad, but it can get abit samey sometimes.

Chame_Wizard
April 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Tom Baker FTW:lolflag:

plb
April 6th, 2008, 12:11 AM
How was the one tonight? Don't give it away but was it any good?

jgrabham
April 6th, 2008, 12:27 AM
How was the one tonight? Don't give it away but was it any good?

amusing is the right word.

Chame_Wizard
April 6th, 2008, 12:27 AM
haven't see it yet :(

Namtabmai
April 6th, 2008, 12:56 AM
amusing is the right word.

Yes amusing. Certainly not the best doctor who episode in recent years, the whole thing was slightly amusing but reaked of a episode that was nothing more than a setup to the new series story line.

plb
April 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
The best one from last season imho is definitely the one that involved those evil statues =)

Barrucadu
April 6th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Woo, season 4 :D

Doctor Who is actually the only thing I watch on TV. Literally, the only thing. I only ever turn the TV on on a Saturday.

mrgnash
April 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
'Acquiring' the first episode as we speak :P

Loved the Xmas special.

Tomatz
April 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
is there any tea on this spaceship? beware! there be vogons and you'd be dying for a cup of tea!

i never liked the hgttg movie. loved one of the telly series though.

for those who do not not like dr. who. the late lamented douglas adams used to write that series...

The books or original radio shows are the best.

Dr who is childish (just my opinion). On the upside my 6 year old likes it ;)

billgoldberg
April 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Catherine Tate was great, and Rose is back!!!

Season 4 will be great.

corney91
April 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yes amusing. Certainly not the best doctor who episode in recent years, the whole thing was slightly amusing but reaked of a episode that was nothing more than a setup to the new series story line.

The best one from last season imho is definitely the one that involved those evil statues =)

Season 4 will be great.

+1 for all these :D
I think the acting was great - I just didn't really like the storyline of the last one :(

mrgnash
April 6th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Season 4 will be great.

Rose is back?? How did I miss that memo? :confused:

RandomJoe
April 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Haven't seen any of the new episodes, guess I'm missing out...

Although I'm also a big Tom Baker fan. All the shows I saw after he left just paled in comparison...

Hm, come to think of it, I believe a bunch of the old shows are just about next up on my Netflix queue! :)

picopir8
April 7th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I was a fan since the very first episode, but I never really appreciated the series until the latest Dr Who (perhaps I was too young with the earlier versions). Now my only regret is that I have not watched torchwood to compliment the series. BTW, people posting here are probably geeky enough to notice, but torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who and was the title of scripts before the spin off to keep people from stealing them.

My favorite episode is "Blink" which is the one about the crying angel statues that send people back in time.

handy
April 7th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Fortunately we don't have a TV in the house.

Though I did watch all of the Tom Baker episodes, all of those years ago.

I suspect that the new show has great effects, sets & the like, but I would be surprised if they ever get another good Dr. that can compare with Tom Baker, he had it all happening.

I read somewhere once that he was drunk much of the time too! :lolflag:

mrgnash
April 7th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Fortunately we don't have a TV in the house.

Though I did watch all of the Tom Baker episodes, all of those years ago.

I suspect that the new show has great effects, sets & the like, but I would be surprised if they ever get another good Dr. that can compare with Tom Baker, he had it all happening.

I read somewhere once that he was drunk much of the time too! :lolflag:

I like the current one better. *shrugs*

handy
April 7th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I like the current one better. *shrugs*

We know that there is no accounting for taste! :)

haggus
April 7th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I've been a fan since Tom Baker me and my friends all two of them used to get together in Al's basement and watch Dr Who every Sunday on PBS. Nowadays the effects are way better The Doctor is still saving the earth oh yeah and he has a hot travelling companion. I always wanted an electronic dog like K-9.