PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Postfix aliases forward rule has me confounded.

pl1ght
August 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I have a fully working/configured /etc/aliases file. I have one email address that forwards email to 5 different users. The oddity I am having is that while it sends to these 5 users listed for this email, it then forwards to a sixth user inbox that I can not track down where this user is configured to receive forwarded emails from.

So basically /etc/aliases for this addy looks like this

#itba
itba: user1@asdf.net user2@asdf.net user3@asdf.net user4@asdf.net user5@asdf.net

When an email is sent to itba@asdf.net all of those 5 users receive it just fine, but also a 6th user, user6@asdf.net, gets a copy. I have checked all of the users fowarding rules to see if one of them is forwarding it, and they arent. I can also see the forward in the logs as

to=<user6@asdf.net>, orig_to=<itba@asdf.net> (forwarded as 2BD4E38113)

Im sure I am missing something stupid and not thinking 'outside of the box' enough but any insight on where within postfix i can try to track down where this is being forwarded from would be appreciated it. I am somewhat of a *nix mail admin noob, and think i have run out of personal resources to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

pl1ght
August 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
nevermind! Apparently all it took was me typing out my whole problem and then re-reading to look somewhere else. Looks like i found my answer by tracking down that forward message ID in maillog. One of our java report systems had that address set in it to forward to the email i was looking for. Thanks anyway!