PDA

View Full Version : Suggest some Source Editor Tool

Yuva Raj
August 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Im a Beginner to Open Source Software, but i keen to work & playwith source code.
So,suggest me GUI Editor & Tutorials to configure & Edit the Source Code.

Thanks!

Doj
August 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I just use gedit to do c++, because it is quite clean and fast to use and has syntax hilighting. I have tried Bluefish for a while, and that was cool with things like closing brackets in code, etc. but has a bit too much stuff all around you which doesn't do anything for you if you're using c++.
Otherwise you could try some IDEs for opening projects. You can find some in the software centre.
I have recently started learning programming myself.

If you want to learn a language like c++, there are sites like cplusplus.com or cprogramming.com with tutorials. A lot of configuration is done in scripting, so it'd be best to search for what you want to change to see if anyone has done it on these or other Linux forums. You didn't make it clear how much you know about programming...

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Jodie.

Yuva Raj
August 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I just use gedit to do c++, because it is quite clean and fast to use and has syntax hilighting. I have tried Bluefish for a while, and that was cool with things like closing brackets in code, etc. but has a bit too much stuff all around you which doesn't do anything for you if you're using c++.
Otherwise you could try some IDEs for opening projects. You can find some in the software centre.
I have recently started learning programming myself.

If you want to learn a language like c++, there are sites like cplusplus.com or cprogramming.com with tutorials. A lot of configuration is done in scripting, so it'd be best to search for what you want to change to see if anyone has done it on these or other Linux forums. You didn't make it clear how much you know about programming...

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Jodie.

I know C++ Well :)
But i Dont know where to go & how to edit.

Can you please suggest some posts how to edit the source code through Gedit? ;)

kholioeg
August 15th, 2012, 01:36 PM
i would suggest Geany. :)

Lars Noodén
August 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Geany or Kate would be good for starters. Both are simple to use but have a lot of features useful for writing programs.

jaithehulk
September 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Geany,bluefish are lightweight and very good source code editors.You can always start with those and then move onto Netbeans/Eclipse(java).