PDA

View Full Version : Comment on "Achieve Personal Unity – 12.04 Customiztion Guide"

vasa1
August 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Is this correct? I can't check it myself right now but I have the impression that a step is missing on page 67.
After step 1, don't we have to enter the user password to enable clicking on the logo? That's what I seem to remember.
The way it's written gives the impression that clicking the logo to see the desktop environment options can be done before entering the password.

Kalanac
August 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Nah, you can click on the logo before entering your password. In fact, if you enter your password, you'll log in to the currently selected session and you'll not be able to change it :) It's the button right next to your username in the login screen list (is on mine anyway)

vasa1
August 11th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Nah, you can click on the logo before entering your password. In fact, if you enter your password, you'll log in to the currently selected session and you'll not be able to change it :) It's the button right next to your username in the login screen list (is on mine anyway)

Hmmm ... I've been entering the password but not hitting enter, then clicking on the logo. I'll try it when I next get a chance.

drs305
August 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
OP determined it's working as it should.

Thread closed per user request.