PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 black screen on install (usb live)

Linuxpal
August 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm new to Ubuntu and when boot menu comes up I get the choices:
"Try Ubuntu without installing"
"Install Ubuntu"
"Check disc for defects"

So, 3 options. When clicking any of these 3 options nothing happen - screen goes black and stays black. I did a search on this issue, and some people talk about clicking F6 and use nomodeset option. Problem is, nothing happen when I click F6, I can't click any F-buttons at all. The only thing i can click is "e" and "c"

"Press enter to boot the selected OS, "e" to edit the commands before booting or "c" for a command-line.

I used Unetbootin program on my Windows 7 to create the Live USB. Computer is Asus Zenbook UX32VD and I'm trying to install ubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso Please help me out :)

Bliepo32
August 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Well, first, simple select the option you wish, the press e and add nomodeset to the end (but before the --) and press enter.

Linuxpal
August 11th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Well, first, simple select the option you wish, the press e and add nomodeset to the end (but before the --) and press enter.
Thank you so much for help. However, I tried clicking fn+F6 (during blackscreen) and that somehow worked. I have no clue why. fn+F6 didn't work in menu...