PDA

View Full Version : The questions we ask

sffvba[e0rt
August 11th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I work in customer service, so I get a lot of questions and requests for things that sometimes are odd or at least out of the ordinary.

Last weekend, a customer wanted to find a circular saw blade that would fit his 4-1/2 inch angle grinder. I asked him what he was trying to accomplish.

“It doesn’t matter,” he replied. “I am just trying to find one, and none of them seem to have the right arbor size. The grinder is one of your models.” He pointed to one on the shelf, the most popular and cheapest one we sold...

http://claydoh.com/the-questions-we-ask/

Some food for thought...

BrokenKingpin
August 11th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Customer service is definitely not easy at times, and certainly applies to how we communicate on forums like these. Good article!

Paqman
August 11th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I like this a lot. We could all do with putting a bit more thought and care into the replies we post to support requests.

sffvba[e0rt
August 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I like this a lot. We could all do with putting a bit more thought and care into the replies we post to support requests.

Agreed. Will definitely change my style and attitude.

Jakin
August 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
On a similar note; anyone atleast slighty annoyed by when a customer, looks at you, and your name tag is pinned plain as day (you noticed they glance) and immediantly ask "do you work here"?