PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing on Laptop with broken monitor

urnotdown23
August 10th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Backstory :

So, I've had ubuntu installed with relative ease, but that was before i tried to customizegrub. then i had some issues, somehow i managed to loop an iso of ubuntu and i couldnt get back the original OS. Eventually i got there by fiddling with buttons at bootup, mind you my screen is broken, so its all a shot in the dark. Well once i got that over with I decided I should install Burg so i can seee my bootloader, and now im worse off then before. Startup takes longer and Im trying to just reinstall over the entire disk but whenever i boot up with ,what im hoping is,the cd , and not the iso image,AGAIN.

Issue:

When going through the installer on the CD I get this message "Failed to unmount partitions the following mount points could not be unmounted : /cdrom"
It gives me the option to continue or go back but either one i choose gives me no response.

Question: I've tried unetbootin to install a new os but that didnt help me any either. what should i do ? I wish i could see an emulated version of my BIOS , then I can just learn the keystrokes and maybe get to the bottom of this. Ive tried looking but came up with nothing, Im on a compaq presario V3000, if you think you can help me, in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely, Thanks in advance

urnotdown23
August 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I just downloaded boot-repair, but it said theres no OS on this computer, but i did the boot info summary, im having a tricky time making sense of it, but if you can please let me know what is going on
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1140156/
thanks again.