PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Really need help installing flash

Perrier
August 10th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Hey guys. So I just installed Linux ubuntu. I need to install flash player because I'm having trouble viewing videos online, but I have no idea how to install the software. Could somebody please help by providing a proper step-by-step process for this. P.S. I was a Mac user for 8 years, so Linux Ubuntu is a whole new experince for me, so even something basic like terminal is something i'm still learning.
Thank you for help guys. :)

papibe
August 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Hi Perrier. Welcome to the forums ):P

Open the 'Software Center' either by clicking on the orange bag icon on the launcher, or searching for the application using the dashboard.

When the SC's window open, search for:

Adobe Flash Plugin
Press install, restart Firefox.

Hope that helps. Tell us how it goes.
Regards.

Perrier
August 10th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Thank you for advice, but sadly it didn't work, every time i go to a site that had a video, it kept sending me the adobe site to download the player. I downloaded, the YUM for linux. But I don't know how to install that software or even remove the plugins I just installed from the software center.
Merci to any help.

papibe
August 10th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Does it work on Youtube?

Regards.

Perrier
August 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Youtube works fine, it's funny all those annoying ads can't play on youtube since I don't have the flash player. But other players like putlock or daclip can't play without the flash player. How do I install the flash player from the adobe site. Like what is the step-by-step process.
Merci.