PDA

View Full Version : No Goto Meeting :/

osmosys8
August 10th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I really wish Goto Meeting worked with Ubuntu. I have to use it for work, so I'm stuck running it in a windows XP VM, BUT my audio doesn't work because there are no drivers for my laptop that run on XP (XP being so old).

However, I could switch to Windows 7 instead of XP, BUT then I have to buy a new copy of Windows 7 because the license that came with my laptop is tied down (thanks Microsoft).

So Microsoft will get me to pay for windows twice. Once for the hardware "tax", and again to run a VM.

It really sucks!

doorknob60
August 10th, 2012, 04:42 AM
If you are using Virtualbox you aren't supposed to use your laptop's audio drivers, because Virtualbox uses emulated audio hardware. All you need to do is enable audio in Vbox's options and install Virtualbox additions (you probably don't even need that, but you should do it regardless). All that assuming you use Virtualbox anyways, but I think VMWare does it similarly.

osmosys8
August 10th, 2012, 07:35 AM
If you are using Virtualbox you aren't supposed to use your laptop's audio drivers, because Virtualbox uses emulated audio hardware. All you need to do is enable audio in Vbox's options and install Virtualbox additions (you probably don't even need that, but you should do it regardless). All that assuming you use Virtualbox anyways, but I think VMWare does it similarly.

Well I installed vmware tools, and in the device manager I have an uninstalled audio device. I enabled it in the menu...

*shrugs*