PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find arm-linux-gcc

ilnadi
August 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I am trying to cross-build uClinux for ARM on Ubuntu 10.04 and I have a number of packages installed (see below) but none of them seem to install arm-linux-gcc (which is what the uClinux uses). What am I missing? (BTW, I am a newbie) Thank you

gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabi
gcc-4.5-arm-linux-gnueabi
gcc-4.6-arm-linux-gnueabi
gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi

Also, gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabi will not install because:
" Depends: libc6 (>=2.13) but 2.11.1-0ubuntu7.10 is to be installed"

Bachstelze
August 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
The command arm-linux-gcc does not exist in any official Ubuntu package. In particular, the package gcc-4.6-arm-linux-gnueabi installs the command arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.6. I suppose you must have a symlink arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc.

pellyhawk
August 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Bachstelze,

See you again:wink:, and thanks for your help several days ago.

ilnadi,

Maybe I can help you and give you some suggestion. gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi package is not supported until Ubuntu 10.10. See here (http://askubuntu.com/questions/123835/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi-package-not-found-on-10-04-lts-lucid). Special thanks to spjackson for providing me with this link.

ilnadi
August 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I had already found the link you provided and installed the linero toolchain. The issue seems to be that the makefile is looking for arm-linux-gcc and nothing with that name is installed (that I can see). Did you end up changing the makefile to the proper gcc toolchain?

ilnadi,

Maybe I can help you and give you some suggestion. gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi package is not supported until Ubuntu 10.10. See here (http://askubuntu.com/questions/123835/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi-package-not-found-on-10-04-lts-lucid). Special thanks to spjackson for providing me with this link.

ilnadi
August 18th, 2012, 02:27 AM
ok, so I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 AND installed Mentor Codesourcery for ARM uClinux. Still there is no arm-linux-gcc. There are a number of arm-...-gcc available but I cannot see how to force the makefile to use the other command (e.g. "arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc" from codesourcery)

the_unforgiven
August 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
ok, so I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 AND installed Mentor Codesourcery for ARM uClinux. Still there is no arm-linux-gcc. There are a number of arm-...-gcc available but I cannot see how to force the makefile to use the other command (e.g. "arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc" from codesourcery)

You could simply try
CC=arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc make