PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A little glitch in installing 12.04.

irv
August 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Last night I tried to do a upgrade to 12.10 and it went wrong. (No problem), I just did a fresh re-install of 12.04. The first thing I have to do when I install any Ubuntu is load the right drivers for my wifi. (again no problem), got on the Internet right away at home.

Now the same problem happen to me as before when I did a fresh install. I hit the road this morning with my laptop in hand. The first coffee shop I stop at I could see there connection but it would not connect. I had them restart their router and I restarted the laptop a couple of times but it still would not connect. This happen when I install the 12.04 Alpha 1 back in December of 2011, but I didn't give it much thought because it was in Alpha and thought it would be a bug that would be worked out, but it wasn't.

OK, this is how I got it to work. I had to try to connect to another wifi that I could see, but it would not connect. Then I would just try the coffee shop's wifi and it would connect.

Honest, this was the only way I could get it to connect for the first time. From now on it will connect every time. This was exactly what happen back in December of 2011.

Just thought I would post this in case someone else runs into this.