PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Not able to update ubuntu 11.04

Lord Byron
August 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm trying to upgrade ubunto 11.04 to newer versions through update manager but keep getting this message: "Authenticating the upgrade failed. There may be a problem with the network or with the server. "

What should I do?

2F4U
August 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM
What mirror do you use? It may help to switch to a different mirror.

Lord Byron
August 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, I am a new user and not familiar with this term :-\

Rex Bouwense
August 9th, 2012, 08:49 PM
You can wait a short period of time and retry. Or, as has been previouly posted you can try another mirror (server). The server that you are using is in the settling of your update manager. Just change it.

Lord Byron
August 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I changed some mirrors and I have tried several times and still I can not upgrade.
Do I need to keep trying that for several days?

Kalanac
August 10th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Keep trying different mirrors. If not try downloading a liveCD and update from that.

Rex Bouwense
August 10th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble upgrading from one version to another. This is not a WUBI install is it?
I would download the ISO of the version you are trying to upgrade to and do a fresh install. Be sure and back up all of your data before you do because it will over-write everything on the disk. Also check the Md5Sum of the download and burn it to a CD at the lowest possible speed. Try the CD before you install to ensure that everything works on your computer. Have fun.