PDA

View Full Version : Information is power, but for who?

malform11
August 9th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Linux is the thing. It is the technology. Information, communicatiion, processing....

But for who?
I have self-taught programming for 20 years. Information was availaible to help me learn and use the technology.

Now 2012. You cannot get information at beginner level.

You can pay $1000 per fay for each compartmented lesson. To be able to be a real person with info and control you would have to spend at least $20,000 and be very smart and pay attention because there are no repeats.

Used to be the Catholic church owned the information. To read a book or learn anything required permission from the church.

With Linux, we are moving backwards, into that ideology.......

Bucky Ball
August 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM
How do you explain these forums, then? Have you been to the Absolute Beginner sub-forum?

While I see your point, if computing is a hobby and your career doesn't require you to 'upgrade your skill base' on a regular basis with $1000 courses (generally why they're priced that way as corporations can afford the stupid costs), you can learn as much as you like about Linux without spending a cent. Just start, searching, surfing and asking questions. ;)

Microsoft and others have been doing it forever. Look at upgrading teaching skills (nothing to do with computing). A few days intensive course can cost a few thousand. Why? The education department generally pays, at least in part, not the participants. If it was the participants there would doubtful be a course in the first place.

drs305
August 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM
It's not a support request. I think you are looking for a discussion.

Moved to Community Cafe.

Eiji Takanaka
August 9th, 2012, 02:32 AM
It may be seen as power my friend, but all it really is, is a tool. You can either use that tool to help others, or you can use it to help yourself. Use the hammer to build, or use it to destroy.

So then in the immortal words of the old knight dude from indiana jones and the last crusade..."you must choose, but choose wisely".

Vidorin
August 9th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I'm still learning Linux and I've used Ubuntu for a few years now. Google and these Forums are great for that. The community support and sharing of knowledge is what makes Ubuntu a great distro. Still waiting on a reply for my current thread. Just tossing in my two cents. I will say however thank you to the community for their help over the years. :D

Primefalcon
August 9th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I'm still learning Linux and I've used Ubuntu for a few years now. Google and these Forums are great for that. The community support and sharing of knowledge is what makes Ubuntu a great distro. Still waiting on a reply for my current thread. Just tossing in my two cents. I will say however thank you to the community for their help over the years. :D
guy's spamming seen this post a econ ago on another forum
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=1259161#post1259161

malform11
August 9th, 2012, 03:14 AM
may be seen as power my friend, but all it really is, is a tool. You can either use that tool to help others, or you can use it to help yourself. U

I am powerless without the sacred knowlege.

Only elitists have the knowledge, the rest of us are powerless.

malform11
August 9th, 2012, 03:34 AM
How do you explain these forums, then?

Every time I come here I get no solution, just ads for spending 10,0000 dollarts on courses.

cariboo
August 9th, 2012, 03:38 AM
How do you explain these forums, then?

Every time I come here I get no solution, just ads for spending 10,0000 dollarts on courses.

Could you provide us with a link?

KiwiNZ
August 9th, 2012, 03:53 AM
may be seen as power my friend, but all it really is, is a tool. You can either use that tool to help others, or you can use it to help yourself. U

I am powerless without the sacred knowlege.

Only elitists have the knowledge, the rest of us are powerless.

Sacred knowledge ?
For elitists, hmmmm, go to your local library.

Eiji Takanaka
August 9th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Empower yourself then friend.

Your not powerless. Unless you think you are, and then you become so.

Do not be deceived.

Learn. Research. Re-educate yourself. You don't need a 10,000 dollar course to teach yourself things. The knowledge is there, start easy and build on it.

"A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step"

- Some ancient Chinese dude.

malform11
August 9th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I have spent more time at the library than you could imagine.the power to control my computing, my life, does not exist anymore. information on controlling your life is owned now, must be bought at a heavy price.

KiwiNZ
August 9th, 2012, 04:40 AM
This thread is going nowhere and of doubtful origin or intent.

Thread closed