PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Seagate!!! Mwah mwah mwah!!

t0p
August 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I just pulled on a cable that I shouldn't have pulled on, and my 1 TB Seagate external HDD fell from a desk to the hard, hard floor. Surprise surprise, it stopped working. But, with my heart in my mouth, I did the old "turn everything off then back on again"... and it started working again!!

When I die, I'm gonna leave everything I own to Seagate! But first I'm gonna back up all the stuff I coulda lost (my many photos are backed up all over the place already, but there's stilla lotta stuff it woulda hurt to lose. Back up back up back up!! Why do I never follow my own advice???

nikonian
August 9th, 2012, 03:41 AM
I just pulled on a cable that I shouldn't have pulled on, and my 1 TB Seagate external HDD fell from a desk to the hard, hard floor. Surprise surprise, it stopped working. But, with my heart in my mouth, I did the old "turn everything off then back on again"... and it started working again!!

When I die, I'm gonna leave everything I own to Seagate! But first I'm gonna back up all the stuff I coulda lost (my many photos are backed up all over the place already, but there's stilla lotta stuff it woulda hurt to lose. Back up back up back up!! Why do I never follow my own advice???

Here's a good idea for you: keep your drives ON the floor - they can't fall off THE FLOOR, and laying flat, none of this poncy "let's make a drive that stands on its' edge" nonsense :)

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
August 9th, 2012, 05:33 AM
make a backup so if it fails in the next week you don't loose everything

Paulgirardin
August 10th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Here's a good idea for you: keep your drives ON the floor - they can't fall off THE FLOOR, and laying flat, none of this poncy "let's make a drive that stands on its' edge" nonsense :)

And the drives can make friends with the dust bunnies :P

t0p
August 10th, 2012, 11:24 PM
make a backup so if it fails in the next week you don't loose everything

Damn straight, I'm in the process of backing up everything to DVD. I bought a pile of them this morning, and soon all my music and video will be backed up. My Documents folder is synched to Ubuntu One, but I may as well stick 'em on a DVD too. Belts and braces - it's truly appalling how must stuff I coulda lost through the failure of just one device. Sends shivers down my spine...