PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

KiwiNZ
August 8th, 2012, 03:17 AM
This is a very nice looking Tablet with some great features

http://www.mobilekiwi.co.nz./android/item/1533-samsung-officially-unveils-the-galaxy-note-101

However..........

Apple summons in 5...4...3...2...1 , it has a white front and rounded corners and uses electricity.

Mikeb85
August 8th, 2012, 03:56 AM
This is a very nice looking Tablet with some great features

http://www.mobilekiwi.co.nz./android/item/1533-samsung-officially-unveils-the-galaxy-note-101

However..........

Apple summons in 5...4...3...2...1 , it has a white front and rounded corners and uses electricity.

Everyone gets inspiration from somewhere, Apple should quit litigating just to satisfy the departed Steve Jobs' blood-lust, and instead focus on creating good products...

No one calls out Jony Ive for ripping off Dieter Rams' style, it's well known that Steve Jobs admired Sony products at one point (and just about everyone, Apple included, took cues from Sony at one point or another), not to mention the Apple name itself was stolen from the Beatles' record label (Apple Records, a part of Apple Corps Ltd), and then there was the 'inspiration' that come from Xerox...

Apple should stop litigating, stop trying to shut everyone out of their eco-system, stop trying to force their 'vision' on everyone, and remember that bad actions will be repaid to them in time (aka Karma)...

Back on topic...

That Samsung machine looks very nice, they're come a long way. I'm still partial to HTC myself, but the new Samsungs look amazing. Can't wait to check out the next version of the 5" Note...

KiwiNZ
August 8th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Everyone gets inspiration from somewhere, Apple should quit litigating just to satisfy the departed Steve Jobs' blood-lust, and instead focus on creating good products...

No one calls out Jony Ive for ripping off Dieter Rams' style, it's well known that Steve Jobs admired Sony products at one point (and just about everyone, Apple included, took cues from Sony at one point or another), not to mention the Apple name itself was stolen from the Beatles' record label (Apple Records, a part of Apple Corps Ltd), and then there was the 'inspiration' that come from Xerox...

Apple should stop litigating, stop trying to shut everyone out of their eco-system, stop trying to force their 'vision' on everyone, and remember that bad actions will be repaid to them in time (aka Karma)...

Back on topic...

That Samsung machine looks very nice, they're come a long way. I'm still partial to HTC myself, but the new Samsungs look amazing. Can't wait to check out the next version of the 5" Note...

Agreed.

Samsung make some very good products, also with Jelly Bean Android has become adult.

As for Apple, the sooner I am Apple free the better.

mr john
August 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I used to really hate Samsung, but over the last year or two they seem to have made really big improvements with their hardware and software. Fair play to them for getting things right. They've gone from being a producer of goods that I would never want to buy to a producer of really good stuff. My next phone will probably be a Samsung. Tablets? I'm not so sure. I have two good tablets and they hardly get used. The novelty wore off and I went back to real computers.

sffvba[e0rt
August 8th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Semi-off-topic: I believe that most of what we are seeing in the world today in the "Patent Wars" is symptomatic of a sick system more so than one specific company misusing it.

On-topic: I feel like a South Korean fan boy at the moment I am enjoying (and using) so much coming from there :)

KiwiNZ
August 8th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Semi-off-topic: I believe that most of what we are seeing in the world today in the "Patent Wars" is symptomatic of a sick system more so than one specific company misusing it.

On-topic: I feel like a South Korean fan boy at the moment I am enjoying (and using) so much coming from there :)

I agree but Apple seems to be the predominant abuser.

Kreaninw
August 8th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I really hate Apple. They're a problem. There won't be Safari 6 for Windows, now it's worse than IE. Safari 6 only available for Mac and Mac is nothing but Apple product, both hardware and software. And considered how small Mac OS got from desktop market share, it's not worth to develop for Safari desktop anymore. Even IE 6-9 have their ISO directly from Microsoft to run on any virtual machine on any OS. From this point I think Apple is the worse.

Back to the topic, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is really amazing. But I still worried about OS update. Android have their problem to update their OS on various manufacturers, it's one of the factor in my list to buy my next phone/tab. The same issue happens when laptop users wait for their drivers update and that it never happened. Currently, only the phone/tab from Nexus series are able to keep up on par with iOS in term of OS update. Nexus S, almost 2 years from sell(at the same time with Galaxy S which never got the taste of ICS), still get Jelly Bean. Except from reliable OS update, I would say Nexus phones are below par. First it never has microSD slot. Secondly, dated CPU and GPU. Galaxy Nexus use the same GPU as Galaxy S and Google expected me to buy one, are you kidding me?

KiwiNZ
August 8th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I really hate Apple. They're a problem. There won't be Safari 6 for Windows, now it's worse than IE. Safari 6 only available for Mac and Mac is nothing but Apple product, both hardware and software. And considered how small Mac OS got from desktop market share, it's not worth to develop for Safari desktop anymore. Even IE 6-9 have their ISO directly from Microsoft to run on any virtual machine on any OS. From this point I think Apple is the worse.

Back to the topic, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is really amazing. But I still worried about OS update. Android have their problem to update their OS on various manufacturers, it's one of the factor in my list to buy my next phone/tab. The same issue happens when laptop users wait for their drivers update and that it never happened. Currently, only the phone/tab from Nexus series are able to keep up on par with iOS in term of OS update. Nexus S, almost 2 years from sell(at the same time with Galaxy S which never got the taste of ICS), still get Jelly Bean. Except from reliable OS update, I would say Nexus phones are below par. First it never has microSD slot. Secondly, dated CPU and GPU. Galaxy Nexus use the same GPU as Galaxy S and Google expected me to buy one, are you kidding me?

I have a Asus Nexus 7 and it is awesome.