PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubu 10 doesnt boot from cd

mamakubwa
August 7th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Hi

Used Ubu a long time ago, came back because my xp laptop won't tether on my droid razr and i was told ubu would do this.. back in the day, you could just fire in the disk and boot up a temporary OS.
on this cd, I only have install ubuntu, check disk for defects, test , boot from first hard disk and rescue a broken system.

am presuming ive missed something basic, usually the case for me, but did spend an hour ratching around sites and cannot find out what I have done.

any pointers gratefully received (polite ones)

thank you

mamakubwa
August 7th, 2012, 03:09 AM
ok, looks like i downloaded an 'alternate' which i assumed was just from another mirror. going to try another download. will close this thread and come back if further issues!

Hi

Used Ubu a long time ago, came back because my xp laptop won't tether on my droid razr and i was told ubu would do this.. back in the day, you could just fire in the disk and boot up a temporary OS.
on this cd, I only have install ubuntu, check disk for defects, test , boot from first hard disk and rescue a broken system.

am presuming ive missed something basic, usually the case for me, but did spend an hour ratching around sites and cannot find out what I have done.

any pointers gratefully received (polite ones)

thank you