PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech Mouse Not Found

RogerDavis
August 7th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Please read below the ------ line first, then the problem.

When I try to run the CD as a test, the mouse is not found. The mouse cursor only appears momentarily as Ubuntu is in process of booting, and I can't move it during that time. The keyboard, which runs off the same USB receiver (Unified) works.

My guess is that Ubuntu is having problems with the "Unified" single receiver for both keyboard and mouse that can handle up to 6 items at once. See http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotions/6072 . The mouse / keyboard set I have is MK560.

I am using the AMD64 download (VERY confusing that this is also for Intel 64 bit products!?!?!?
-------------------------------------------
I just got a new high power computer and want to confirm which to install of 12.04 - 32 or 64 bit?

Specs:
Intel DZ77BH-55K motherboard
Intel i7 3770 Ivy Bridge CPU at 3.4 GHz
Radeon 7750 1 Gig 800 MHz display card
16 Gig memory
1T hard drive for Ubuntu only

I thought this might be a common question, but a search turned up nothing definitive.

I simply assumed that 64 bit would be the answer, but I see that 32 bit is recommended, and if I select 64 bit, it appears that I'm still only offered 32 bit even though 64 bit is selected - so WHERE can I get a for sure 64 bit version for normal desktop use?