PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 installtion problem

chandu99
August 4th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Iam trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop edition. I downloaded it from Ubuntu releases page using torrent file( Ubuntu Live DVD). When I start install with the option Try ubuntu choosen, it hangs at purple screen. Iam able to switch by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F1.
Instead if I choose, Install ubuntu option, it hangs with a blank screen which just shows a mouse cursor. In this case also Iam able to switch by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F1.
Please help me, Iam struggling to install for the past one month.:(

chandu99
August 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM
[QUOTE=chandu99;12149281]Iam trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop edition. I downloaded it from Ubuntu releases page using torrent file( Ubuntu Live DVD). When I start install with the option Try ubuntu choosen, it hangs at purple screen. Iam able to switch by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F1.
Instead if I choose, Install ubuntu option, it hangs with a blank screen which just shows a mouse cursor. In this case also Iam able to switch by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F1.
Please help me, Iam struggling to install for the past one month.:(:-?

Finnicella
August 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
What's your pc brand?
What's your hardware?

ranger1021994
August 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Graphic problem i guess.
You have nvidia or ATI ?

hgergo
August 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Ok i had a similar problemand there was a kernel issue whit my wifi card.
when from menue screen selecting to start ubuntu when the proces starts try fast to disable wifi when you have a fisikal swich! (at start its autienabled by me).
after a few trys it will work.
Than install ubuntu and tha at the first lauch go to recovery mode when the loading proces is done disable wifi and than select to start ubuntu normaly.
Tha do an update (use wired or mobile connection) and tan all will work fine!
This was the solution what i discovered by me.