PDA

View Full Version : Who Is This Car????

curuxz
June 25th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Driving around southampton, this was taken tonight.... Do any of you know who's car this is?!

http://www.obsidiandevelopments.com/image_00143.jpg

How god damn cool

dabear
June 25th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Thorvalds?:p

richbarna
June 25th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Driving around southampton, this was taken tonight.... Do any of you know who's car this is?!

No, but THESE GUYS (http://www.uk4x4wheelcovers.co.uk/) can probably make you one :D

deadgobby
June 25th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I do not know, but the way better than the Linux Inside bumper sticker. Too bad you cannot find out who ride that belongs to by lic plate.

BoyOfDestiny
June 25th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I do not know, but the way better than the Linux Inside bumper sticker. Too bad you cannot find out who ride that belongs to by lic plate.

Well if it's in the U.S., head down to the DMV and ask for the info. Not sure if it varies by state, but here is an example.

http://www.dmv.state.ne.us/dvr/vehrecreq.html

Motor vehicle records are a matter of public record. As a result, any individual or business who requests a copy of a motor vehicle record and certifies that the purpose for the request is one of the Exempted Uses as listed in the Uniform Motor Vehicle Records Disclosure Act, may purchase a copy of the most current record on a motor vehicle.

Don't you love it when your information is for sale... ](*,)

curuxz
June 25th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Driving around southampton

Its UK dude :)

We cant just buy car details, thats illegal.

BWF89
June 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM
How big of a nerd do you have to be to put your OS symbol on the back of your car?

I mean yeah, i plan on useing Linux in the future but I wouldn't get it put on my car or tattoed on my body. It's just an operating system, not a religion.

I do however have a Firefox shirt I wear. People come up to me in the hall in school and are like "hey, its that internet browser". But that's as far as I'll go.

EDIT: I mean, would you really want to drive up to your girlfriends house (not that the kinda person who puts a huge Tux on the back of his car is likely to have a girlfriend) and explain to them that you like some weird operating system so much that you advertise it on your car?

deadgobby
June 26th, 2006, 12:28 AM
How big of a nerd do you have to be to put your OS symbol on the back of your car?

I mean yeah, i plan on useing Linux in the future but I wouldn't get it put on my car or tattoed on my body. It's just an operating system, not a religion.

I do however have a Firefox shirt I wear. People come up to me in the hall in school and are like "hey, its that internet browser". But that's as far as I'll go.

EDIT: I mean, would you really want to drive up to your girlfriends house (not that the kinda person who puts a huge Tux on the back of his car is likely to have a girlfriend) and explain to them that you like some weird operating system so much that you advertise it on your car?
>>I mean yeah, i plan on useing Linux in the future but I wouldn't get it put on my car or tattoed on my body. It's just an operating system, not a religion.
Reguardless if it is a religion or fan art. It is promoting what they like or belive in. How you know if it is a guy in the first place. Do not assume it is a guy. I have a very good friend in computer science and is a female gender. Not to mechen is making a good liven at it. She runs Ubie as primary OS on her lap top and desktop. She has help my countless of times on understanding how Linux works. This person may have more money than you or me. Haven a Tux on the back of your car, back, sticker, T-shirt, or what ever. Is promting to me, the freedom of open source and let people wonder why.
OK I was on my soap box.
Gobby

G Morgan
June 26th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah I think a girl using it is far more likely, they get far less embarrised by cuteness.

warp99
June 26th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Here in Des Moines there is someone driving around with "ubuntu" vanity license plates. :D

YourSurrogateGod
June 26th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Seems kinda corny... I dunno, just seems cheesy.

BoyOfDestiny
June 26th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Its UK dude :)

We cant just buy car details, thats illegal.

Sorry, thought it could be New Hampshire... More than 1 south hampton :)

benplaut
June 26th, 2006, 05:58 AM
dude... you should have beeped at it, flagged him/her down...

curuxz
June 26th, 2006, 09:15 AM
dude... you should have beeped at it, flagged him/her down...

Hahahaha yea shame it was not me who saw it, it was one of my house mates and he got back and said look what i saw, is this what i think it is? lol

Sorry yea I know there is more than one :P My bad..

I agree with you guys tho, the chance is it was a chick they love tux