PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the friendship

bodhi.zazen
August 2nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
As those who know me, I am a Forums creature, never here for the Power Trip. It was the community that elevated me to leadership and it is to the community I return.

I am not leaving the Ubuntu Community, but I am stepping down from the burden of leadership.

You have a fantastic FC and in the event of some thermal nuclear meltdown that only I can fix everyone, community, mods, admins, you all know where to find me.

Otherwise I am still wielding my magic and prefer to be a good community member.

Please let me go, to return to the community, in good standing, on my terms.

In the future I have been pushing for electing staff, perhaps I will throw in my hat with some future election.

Now , I think that should be worth a few points in ToW.

bodhi.zazen
August 2nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
I respectfully request to keep my current avatar (it might be too big for regulations).

CharlesA
August 2nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
i respectfully request to keep my current avatar (it might be too big for regulations).
+9000

AllRadioisDead
August 2nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
I respectfully request to keep my current avatar (it might be too big for regulations).

*Raises pitchfork*

sandyd
August 2nd, 2012, 03:42 AM
+000000001
Good luck in your future endeavours :)

The Tronyx
August 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Thank you for everything.

QIII
August 2nd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Take a trip to the Bahamas. Or Wibaux. :) Relax.

sandyd
August 2nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
Take a trip to the Bahamas. Or Wibaux. :) Relax.
barbados!

sffvba[e0rt
August 2nd, 2012, 04:46 AM

FWIW - Avatar resized by removing excess white (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13877196/bodhi.png) - main part the same size so should show exactly the same...

All the best bodhi...

QIII
August 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
barbados!

Ever been to Wibaux, Montana?

Barbados is not even in the same league! Pish tosh!

And he can drive to Wibaux. I used to do it all the time when the family had property there.

Oh, wait.

Go to Barbados, bodhi.zazen!

cariboo
August 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks for all you've done, for the Forum and the Community, and don't be a stranger.

bodhi.zazen
August 2nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
FWIW - Avatar resized by removing excess white (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13877196/bodhi.png) - main part the same size so should show exactly the same...

All the best bodhi...

Thank you. I accept your gift with the spirit in which it was given.

vasa1
August 2nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Thank you for everything you've done, Sir!
Here's a video made by someone else about friendship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul2hSba5pOs

mikodo
August 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
"Otherwise I am still wielding my magic and prefer to be a good community member".

Please, do as what pleases you. From watching from afar and uninvolved in Forum council and admin responsibilities, I have always thought your first love was leading by teaching. If you do what pleases you, we all will benefit; maybe more given your new focus.

Thank you Bodhi.

Elfy
August 2nd, 2012, 07:57 AM
Good luck boss.

nothingspecial
August 2nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good luck and thanks for everything :)

spynappels
August 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all your help in the Security Sub-Forum, I certainly learned a lot from you, and refer people to your how-tos all the time.

Keep up the good work, but enjoy what you do.

arpanaut
August 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your service to the community!
All the best to you.

Ms. Daisy
August 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Best of luck in whatever you pursue. Don't be a stranger.

Linuxratty
August 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
See ya on the other side.

cortman
August 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
All the best bodhi.zazen- we've appreciated your leadership. Stay around.

juancarlospaco
August 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
You are a hero,
i've used your LXC from the Taos of Emptiness, and also your Tutos.

lisati
August 2nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
/me echoes appreciative comments made here and elsewhere. I wish you well as you begin this stage of your journey through life.

As you wander on through life, friend,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

bodhi.zazen
August 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Please, do as what pleases you. From watching from afar and uninvolved in Forum council and admin responsibilities, I have always thought your first love was leading by teaching. If you do what pleases you, we all will benefit; maybe more given your new focus.

Thank you Bodhi.

Good luck boss.

Thanks for all your help in the Security Sub-Forum, I certainly learned a lot from you, and refer people to your how-tos all the time.

Keep up the good work, but enjoy what you do.

You are a hero,
i've used your LXC from the Taos of Emptiness, and also your Tutos.

I am honored by all your kind words.

QIII
August 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
"Emeritus". You've earned your discharge by service. It looks good on you!

chamber
August 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FNvYf52lNEQ/SmmI_8lyksI/AAAAAAAAANE/gm_yxkm1l34/s320/so_long_and_thanks_for_all_the_fish.jpg

zombifier25
August 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Enjoy your retirement!

cprofitt
August 10th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Bodhi: First I want to thank you for your service to the Ubuntu community and the Ubuntu forums. You have always been an active contributor and example for new contributors. Second, for humor, I wish to use a quote from one of my favorite movies. I hope you do not use this idle time to become "a Courtier to my Lord Bacchus and an Unremitting Debtor". I salute you my friend!

bodhi.zazen
August 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks cprofitt