PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dash Home

arno48
August 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hello,
How can I get LibreOffice Writer icon appear in Dash Home?
thanks

raja.genupula
August 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
I think you want to add it Unity bar . press your super key and type there as LibreOffice Writer . then it will give you the LibreOffice Writer . click it . Now thats available in unity panel . then give a right click at LibreOffice Writer and select lock to launcher . Then it will be fixed to panel .

Vaphell
August 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
i dont get what you mean
you type lib - LO apps are shown, Writer among them
writer - LOWriter is shown
apps lens -> Office - LOWriter is shown
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rqAAoHny_pE/Tl6izfiet8I/AAAAAAAAF64/k3OknyrHtMQ/s400/ubuntu11.10-applications-lens.png

if you want the icon persist in the launcher bar, you simply launch the app and right click the icon, pin to launcher bar.

arno48
August 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
I want to have the LibreOffice Writer in the Launcher when I am working with it.
I tried to drag the icon to the Launcher, but the icon does not stay.
On the contrary LibreOffice Calc appears in the launcher.

Thanks.

raja.genupula
August 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM
I want to have the LibreOffice Writer in the Launcher when I am working with it.
I tried to drag the icon to the Launcher, but the icon does not stay.
On the contrary LibreOffice Calc appears in the launcher.

Thanks.

have you tried post #2 .

arno48
August 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM
have you tried post #2 .

Yes I tried:
I press super key and type LibreOffice Writer, then I click it and LOwriter opens and I can work but the icon does not appear in the Launcher

raja.genupula
August 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
press ctrl+alt+f1 and login there . then type as
unity --reset-icons . then

sudo restart lightdm . try again . all the best.

arno48
August 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
press ctrl+alt+f1 and login there . then type as
unity --reset-icons . then

sudo restart lightdm . try again . all the best.

Thank you

arno48
August 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hello,
How can I select LibreOffice Writer's Quick List when LibreOffice Writer is running?
Thanks

MG&TL
August 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Just the same as you would normally do, just right-click on the Writer icon.

Hope that helped.

arno48
August 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Just the same as you would normally do, just right-click on the Writer icon.

Hope that helped.
Thanks but Writer icon does not appear in the Launcher, even when Writer is open.
I tried to drag the icon from Dash to the Launcher, but it does not stay in the Launcher.
If I right-click on the Writer icon in Dash, Writer opens without showing Quick List.

MG&TL
August 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks but Writer icon does not appear in the Launcher, even when Writer is open.
I tried to drag the icon from Dash to the Launcher, but it does not stay in the Launcher.
If I right-click on the Writer icon in Dash, Writer opens without showing Quick List.

Then we've got a different issue. You can't access quicklists from Dash by design.

When you say 'doesn't stay in the launcher'-what do you mean? Does it refuse to go into the launcher at all, stay for a while and then disappear, show a blank space?

arno48
August 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Then we've got a different issue. You can't access quicklists from Dash by design.

When you say 'doesn't stay in the launcher'-what do you mean? Does it refuse to go into the launcher at all, stay for a while and then disappear, show a blank space?

I can drag it into the Launcher, but as soon as I lift my finger from the left-click, the icon disappears from the Launcher.
Thanks for your interest

MG&TL
August 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Right. I'm assuming that something is wrong with LibreOffice's .desktop files (the files unity uses to show applications).

Can you post the output of:

cat /usr/share/applications/libreoffice-writer.desktop

...thanks.

wildmanne39
August 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Please do not post duplicates, it dilutes community effort. Threads merged

arno48
August 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Right. I'm assuming that something is wrong with LibreOffice's .desktop files (the files unity uses to show applications).

Can you post the output of:

...thanks.
The answer is:

-bash: No such file or directory

By the way, could you please learn me how to paste
on the PROMPT and how to copy and to paste the output

Thanks

MG&TL
August 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
The answer is:

-bash: No such file or directory

By the way, could you please learn me how to paste
on the PROMPT and how to copy and to paste the output

Thanks

It sounds like you've made a mistake somewhere. Never fear though, I shall show you a magic trick: how to copy/paste from the command-line.

Paste:

1.Make sure focus is given to the prompt (i.e. can you type in it)
2.Press Ctrl-Shift-V.

Copy:

1.Make sure the prompt is focused and you have selected something with your mouse.
2.Press Ctrl-Shift-C to copy the selection onto the clipboard.

Hope that helps a bit.

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM
It sounds like you've made a mistake somewhere. Never fear though, I shall show you a magic trick: how to copy/paste from the command-line.

Paste:

1.Make sure focus is given to the prompt (i.e. can you type in it)
2.Press Ctrl-Shift-V.

Copy:

1.Make sure the prompt is focused and you have selected something with your mouse.
2.Press Ctrl-Shift-C to copy the selection onto the clipboard.

Hope that helps a bit.

matteo@matteo-desktop:~$ cat /usr/share/applications/libreoffice-writer.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Icon=libreoffice-writer
Type=Application
Categories=Office;
Exec=libreoffice --writer %U
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-flat-xml;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master;a

The output goes on several additional rows. Have I to paste them?
Thanks a lot for your time.

wildmanne39
August 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Please use code tags - if you are using New Reply button - highlight text and use the # button in the text box header.

If using Quick Reply then
at the beginning and at the end.

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 12:17 AM
matteo@matteo-desktop:~$ cat /usr/share/applications/libreoffice-writer.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Icon=libreoffice-writer
Type=Application
Categories=Office;
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-flat-xml;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master;a

The output goes on several additional rows. Have I to paste them?
Thanks a lot for your time.

Okay, maybe it might be better in future for you to attach the file if it's that big. Anyway, in the morning, I'll go on my desktop (this one doesn't have unity) and attach a file for you to re-copy in case the LO one got corrupted somehow.

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
As promised: try copying this to a new file called libreoffice-writer.desktop, then copy that to /usr/share/applications/

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Icon=libreoffice-writer
Type=Application
Categories=Office;
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-flat-xml;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.global;application/msword;application/vnd.ms-word;application/x-doc;application/x-hwp;application/rtf;text/rtf;application/vnd.wordperfect;application/wordperfect;application/vnd.lotus-wordpro;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;applicati on/vnd.ms-word.document.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template;applicati on/vnd.ms-word.template.macroenabled.12;
Name=LibreOffice Writer
GenericName=Word Processor
GenericName[en]=Word Processor
GenericName[af]=Woordverwerker
GenericName[ar]=معالج المستندات
GenericName[as]=Word প্ৰচেছৰ
GenericName[ast]=Procesador de testos
GenericName[be]=Тэкставы працэсар
GenericName[bg]=Текстообработка
GenericName[bn]=ওয়ার্ড প্রসেসর
GenericName[br]=Kewerier testenn
GenericName[bs]=Program za obradu teksta
GenericName[ca]=Processador de textos
GenericName[ca_XV]=Processador de textos
GenericName[cs]=Textový procesor
GenericName[cy]=Prosesydd Geiriau
GenericName[da]=Tekstbehandling
GenericName[de]=Textverarbeitung
GenericName[dz]=Word Processor
GenericName[el]=Επεξεργαστής Word
GenericName[en_GB]=Word Processor
GenericName[en_ZA]=Word Processor
GenericName[eo]=Verkilo
GenericName[es]=Procesador de texto
GenericName[et]=Tekstitöötlus
GenericName[eu]=Testu prozesatzailea
GenericName[fa]=واژه*پرداز
GenericName[fi]=Tekstinkäsittely
GenericName[fr]=Traitement de texte
GenericName[ga]=Próiseálaí Focal
GenericName[gl]=Procesador de textos
GenericName[gu]=વર્ડ પ્રોસેસર
GenericName[he]=מעבד תמלילים
GenericName[hi]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[hr]=Program za obradu teksta
GenericName[hu]=Szövegszerkesztő
GenericName[id]=Pengolah Kata
GenericName[is]=Ritvinnsluforrit
GenericName[it]=Elaboratore di testo
GenericName[ja]=ワードプロセッサ
GenericName[ka]=Word Processor
GenericName[km]=កម្មវិធី​វាយ​អត្ថបទ
GenericName[ko]=워드 프로세서
GenericName[ku]=Kiryarę Peyvan
GenericName[lt]=Tekstų rengyklė
GenericName[lv]=Tekstapstrādes programma
GenericName[mk]=Обработка на текст
GenericName[ml]=വേര്*ഡ് പ്രൊസസ്സര്*
GenericName[mn]=Ворд боловсруулагч
GenericName[mr]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[nb]=Skriveprogram
GenericName[ne]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[nl]=Tekstverwerker
GenericName[nn]=Teksthandsamar
GenericName[nr]=Word Processor
GenericName[nso]=Sebopi sa mantšu
GenericName[oc]=Tractament de tčxte
GenericName[om]=Hujeessaa Jecha
GenericName[or]=ଶବ୍ଦ ସଞ୍ଚାଳକ
GenericName[pa_IN]=ਵਰਡ ਪਰੋਸੈਸਰ
GenericName[pl]=Word Processor
GenericName[pt]=Processador de texto
GenericName[pt_BR]=Editor de texto
GenericName[qtz]=Qgym‖Word Processor
GenericName[ro]=Procesor de text
GenericName[ru]=Текстовый процессор
GenericName[rw]=Musesenguramagambo
GenericName[si]=ලිපි සකසනය
GenericName[sk]=Textový procesor
GenericName[sl]=Urejevalnik besedila
GenericName[sr]=Уређивач текста
GenericName[ss]=Word Processor
GenericName[st]=Word Processor
GenericName[sv]=Ordbehandlare
GenericName[ta]=சொற்செயலி
GenericName[te]=వర్డ్ ప్రాసెసర్
GenericName[tg]=Word Processor
GenericName[th]=Word Processor
GenericName[tn]=Word Processor
GenericName[tr]=Kelime İşlemci
GenericName[ts]=Word Processor
GenericName[ug]=يېزىق بىر تەرەپ قىلىش
GenericName[uk]=Текстовий процесор
GenericName[uz]=Matn protsessori
GenericName[ve]=Word Processor
GenericName[vi]=Xử lý từ
GenericName[xh]=Word Processor
GenericName[zh_CN]=字处理器
GenericName[zh_TW]=文書處理器
GenericName[zu]=Word Processor
Comment=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[en]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[af]=Skep en redigeer teks en grafika in briewe, verslae, dokumente en webbladsye met Writer.
Comment[ar]=إنشاء النصوص والرسومات في الخطابات، والتقارير، والمستندات وصفحات ويب وتحريرها باستخدام Writer.
Comment[as]=Writer ব্যৱহাৰ কৰি চিঠি, সংবাদ, দস্তাবেজ আৰু পৃষ্ঠাবোৰত থকা লিখনী আৰু গ্ৰাফিক্স সৃষ্টি আৰু সম্পাদনা কৰক।
Comment[ast]=Crear y editar testos y gráficos de cartes, informes, documentos y páxines Web usando Writer.
Comment[be]=Стварайце і рэдагуйце тэкст і графіку ў лістах, справаздачах, дакументах і старонках Сеціва з дапамогаю Writer-а.
Comment[bg]=С Writer можете да създавате и редактирате текст и графики в писма, отчети, документи и уебстраници.
Comment[bn]=রাইটার ব্যবহার করে চিঠিপত্র, রিপোর্ট, নথি এবং ওয়েবপেজের লেখা ও ছবি তৈরি এবং সম্পাদনা করুন।
Comment[br]=Writer - Krouiń hag embann testennoů ha skeudennoů evit lizhiri, danevelloů, teulioů ha pajennoů Web.
Comment[bs]=Kreiranje i uređivanje teksta i grafike u pismima, izvještajima, dokumentima i Web stranicama koristeći Writer.
Comment[ca]=Creeu i editeu textos i grŕfics en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
Comment[ca_XV]=Creeu i editeu textos i grŕfics en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
Comment[cs]=Writer umožňuje vytvářet a upravovat text a grafiku v dopisech, sestavách, dokumentech a webových stránkách.
Comment[cy]=Creu a golygu testun a graffigau mewn llythyron, adroddiadau, dogfennau a thudalennau Gwe gyda Writer.
Comment[da]=LibreOffice-tekstdokument
Comment[de]=Erstellen und bearbeiten von Text und Grafiken in Briefen, Reports, Dokumenten und Web-Seiten - Writer macht's möglich.
Comment[dz]=རྩོམ་འབྲི་པ་ལག་ལེན་འཐབ་ཐོག་ལས་ ཝེབ་པེཇི་དང་ ཡིག་ཆའི་རིགས་ སྙན་ཞུའི་རིགས་ ཡི་གུའི་རིགས་ཚུ་ནང་ལུ་ ཚིག་ཡིག་དང་ཚད་རིས་ཚུ་བཟོ་ནི་དང་ཞུན་དག་རྐྱབ་ནི །
Comment[el]=Δημιουργία και επεξεργασία κειμένου και γραφικών σε επιστολές, αναφορές, έγγραφα και ιστοσελίδες με τη χρήση του Writer.
Comment[en_GB]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages using Writer.
Comment[en_ZA]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[eo]=Krei kaj redakti tekston kaj grafikaĵojn en leteroj, raportoj, dokumentoj kaj TTT-paĝoj per Verkilo.
Comment[es]=Cree y edite texto y gráficos en cartas, informes, documentos y páginas Web con Writer.
Comment[et]=Writer vőimaldab luua ja redigeerida kirjade, aruannete, dokumentide ning veebilehtede teksti ja pilte.
Comment[eu]=Testua eta grafikoak sortu eta editatu gutunetan, txostenetan, dokumentuetan eta web orrietan Writer erabiliz.
Comment[fa]=با استفاده از کاتب، متن و گرافیک نامه*ها، گزارش*ها، نوشتارها و صفحات وب را ایجاد یا ویرایش کنید.
Comment[fi]=Luo ja muokkaa tekstiä ja grafiikkaa kirjeisiin, raportteihin, tekstiasiakirjoihin ja internet-sivuihin Writer-ohjelmalla.
Comment[fr]=Writer - Création et édition de textes et d'images pour courriers, rapports, documents et pages Web.
Comment[ga]=Cruthaigh téacs agus grafaicí i litreacha, tuairiscí, cáipéisí, agus leathanaigh Ghréasáin le Writer.
Comment[gl]=Crear e editar texto ou imaxes en cartas, informes, documentos e páxinas web usando Writer.
Comment[gu]=લખાણ દ્દારા પત્રો, અહેવાલો, દસ્તાવેજો અને વેબ પાનાઓમાં લખાણ અને ચિત્રો બનાવો અને સુઘારો.
Comment[he]=יצירה ועריכה של טקסט וגרפיקה במכתבים, דוחות, מסמכים ודפי אינטרנט באמצעות Writer.
Comment[hi]=लेखक के प्रयोग से पत्र, रिपोर्ट, दस्तावेज़ में पाठ और आरेख बनाता है और संपादित करता है.
Comment[hr]=Stvorite i uredite tekst i slike u pisma, izvješćima, dokumentima i web stranicama.
Comment[hu]=Levelek, jelentések, dokumentumok és weboldalak szövegének és grafikájának létrehozása és szerkesztése a Writer használatával.
Comment[id]=Mengolah teks dan gambar pada surat, laporan, dokumen, dan halaman Web menggunakan Writer.
Comment[is]=Búa til og breyta texta og myndefni í bréfum, skýrslum, skjölum og vefsíđum međ ţví ađ nota Writer.
Comment[it]=Usando Writer, potete creare e modificare il testo e le immagini di lettere, rapporti, documenti e pagine Web.
Comment[ja]=Writer を使用して、レター、レポート、ドキュメントおよび Web ページのテキストおよび図を作成および編集します。
Comment[ka]=ქმნის და ასწორებს დოკუმენტებსა და დიაგრამებს წერილებში, მოხსენებებში, დოკუმენტებში და ვებ-გვერდებში Writer-ის მეშვეობით.
Comment[km]=បង្កើត និង​កែ​សម្រួល​អត្ថបទ និង​ក្រាហ្វិក​ក្នុង​សំបុត្រ របាយការណ៍ ឯកសារ និង​ទំព័រ​បណ្តាញ​ដោយ​ប្រើ Writer ។
Comment[ko]=Writer를 사용하여 편지, 보고서, 문서 및 웹 페이지에서 텍스트와 그림을 만들고 편집할 수 있습니다.
Comment[ku]=Nivîs ű grafîkęn di name, rapor, belge ű rűpelęn torę de bî Writerę çębike ű sererast bike.
Comment[lt]=Tekstų rengykle galima kurti laiškus, ataskaitas, kitus dokumentus ir tinklalapius, įterpti į juos paveikslus.
Comment[lv]=Veidot un rediģēt tekstu un grafisku vēstulēs, atskaitēs, dokumentos un tīmekļa lapās, lietojot Writer.
Comment[mk]=Креирајте и уредувајте текст и графика во писма, извештаи, документи и веб-страници со користење на Writer.
Comment[ml]=റൈറ്റര് ഉപയോഗിച്ച് കത്തുകളിലെയും റിപ്പോര്ട്ടുകളിലെയും ഡോക്കുമെന്റിലെയും വെബ് പേജിലെയും ടെക്സ്റ്റും ഗ്രാഫിക്സും സൃഷ്ടിക്കുകയും എഡിറ്റു ചെയ്യുകയും ചെയ്യുക.
Comment[mn]=Writer ашиглан захиа, тайлан, баримт дахь бичвэр ба график үүсгэх болон засварлах.
Comment[mr]=Writer चा वापरून पत्रं, अहवाल, दस्तऐवज व वेब पान अंतर्गत पाठ्य व चित्रलेख बनवा व संपादीत करा.
Comment[nb]=Opprett og rediger tekst og bilder i brev, rapporter, dokumenter og nettsider ved ĺ bruke Writer.
Comment[ne]=लेखकको प्रयोगद्वारा चिठ्ठीहरू, प्रतिवेदनहरू, कागजातहरू र वेब पृष्ठहरूमा पाठ तथा ग्राफिक्स सिर्जना तथा सम्पादन गर्नुहोस् ।
Comment[nl]=Met Writer kunt u tekst en afbeeldingen in brieven, rapporten, documenten en webpagina's maken en bewerken.
Comment[nn]=Med Writer kan du laga og redigera tekst og bilete i brev, rapportar, dokument og nettsider.
Comment[nr]=Enza nokuhlela itheksti neentjengiso eziseencwadini, emibikweni, emitlolweni nemakhasini weWebh ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
Comment[nso]=Hlama le go lokiša sengwalwa le dikrafiki mangwalong, dipegong, ditokumenteng le matlakaleng a wepe ka go diriša Writer.
Comment[oc]=Writer - Creacion e edicion de tčxtes e d'imatges per corričrs, rapňrts, documents e paginas Web.
Comment[om]=Bareessaa fayyadamuun xalayaalee, gabasota, galmeewwanii fi fuulota saphaphuu irratti barruu fi saxxatoo uumi, gulaali.
Comment[or]=ରାଇଟର ଉପୟୋଗ କରି ପତ୍ରଗୁଡିକରେ, ରିପୋର୍ଟରେ,ଦଲିଲଗୁଡିକରେ ଏବଂ ଉଏବ୍ ପୃଷ୍ଠାଗୁଡିକରେ ଟେକ୍ସଟ ଏବଂ ଲେଖାଚିତ୍ରଗୁଡିକୁ ସୃଷ୍ଟି ଏବଂ ସମ୍ପାଦନ କରନ୍ତୁ।
Comment[pa_IN]=ਰਾਇਟਰ ਨਾਲ ਪੱਤਰਾਂ, ਰਿਪੋਰਟਾਂ, ਡੌਕੂਮੈਂਟਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਵੈੱਬ ਸਫ਼ਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਟੈਕਸਟ ਅਤੇ ਚਿੱਤਰ ਬਣਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਸੋਧੇ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ।
Comment[pl]=Twórz i edytuj listy, raporty, dokumenty i strony www wykorzystując program Writer.
Comment[pt]=Criar e editar texto e objetos gráficos em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas web através do Writer.
Comment[pt_BR]=Crie e edite textos e figuras em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas da Web por meio do Writer.
Comment[qtz]=seqx‖Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[ro]=Creați și editați text și grafică în scrisori, rapoarte, documente și pagini web folosind Writer.
Comment[ru]=Создание и редактирование текста и рисунков в письмах, отчётах, документах или веб-страницах.
Comment[rw]=Kurema no guhindura umwandiko n'ibishushanyo mu mabaruwa, raporo, inyandiko na paji Rubuga ukoresheje Writer.
Comment[si]=Writer භාවිතා කරමින් ලිපි වල පෙළ සහ චිත්*රක, වාර්තා, ලිපි සහ වියුණු පිටු සාදන්න සහ වෙනස් කරන්න.
Comment[sk]=Vytvárajte a upravujte textové a grafické listy, správy, dokumenty a webové stránky s použitím Writer.
Comment[sl]=S programom Writer ustvarjajte in urejajte besedilo in slike v pismih, poročilih, dokumentih in spletnih straneh.
Comment[sr]=Пишите и уређујте текст и графику у писмима, извештајима и веб страницама у Писцу.
Comment[ss]=Yakha u-edithe umbhalo nemagrafiki etincwadzini, umbiko, wemadokhumenti nemapheji eWebhu ngekusebentisa Writer.
Comment[st]=Bopa le ho lokisa mongolo le ditshwantsho mangolong, ditlalehong, ditokomaneng le maqepheng a Wepe ka ho sebedisa Writer.
Comment[sv]=Skapa och redigera text och grafik i brev, rapporter, dokument och webbsidor med hjälp av Writer.
Comment[ta]=கடிதங்கள், அறிக்கைகள், ஆவணங்கள், வலைப்பக்கங்கள் ஆகியவற்றின் உரை, படங்கள் இவற்றை உருவாக்கவும் தொகுக்கவும் ரைட்டரைப் பயன்படுத்துக.
Comment[te]=పత్రము మరియు లేఖ యొక్క చిత్రరూపములు,నివేదనలు,పత్రములు మరియు వ్రాయు యంత్రమును ఉపయోగించిన వెబ్ పుటలును నిర్మించి సరిచేయుము.
Comment[tg]=Бо ёрии Writer матн ва тасвир сохтан, онҳоро ислоҳ кардан мумкин аст.
Comment[th]=สร้างและแก้ไขข้อความและกราฟิกส์ในจดหมาย รายงาน เอกสาร และหน้าเว็บโดยการใช้ Writer
Comment[tn]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[tr]=Writer kullanarak mektuplardaki metin ve grafikleri, rapor, belge ve Web sayfaları oluşturabilir ve düzenleyebilirsiniz.
Comment[ts]=Cinca ni ku lulamisa marito ni vudirowi eka mapapila, swiviko, tidokumente ni tipheji ta Web hi ku tirhisa Writer.
Comment[ug]=Writer ئىشلىتىپ خەت-چەك، دوكلات جەدۋىلى، پۈتۈك ۋە تور بەتتىكى تېكست ۋە گرافىكلارنى قۇرۇپ تەھرىرلىگىلى بولىدۇ.
Comment[uk]=Створення та редагування тексту та графіки у листах, звітах, документах та веб-сторінках.
Comment[uz]=Writer yordamida hisobotlar, matn hujjatlari, veb sahifalar yaratish va tahrirlash.
Comment[ve]=Vhumbani ni dovhe ni lulamise ḽiṅwalwa na dzigirafiki kha maṅwalo, mivhigo, maṅwalo na masiaṱari a Web nga u shumisa Writer.
Comment[vi]=Tạo vŕ sửa văn bản vŕ đồ họa trong lá thư, báo cáo, tŕi liệu vŕ trang Web bằng Writer.
Comment[xh]=Dala uze uhlele isiqendu nezazobe zegrafu ezileteni, iingxelo, amaxwebhu namakhasi Othungelwano ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
Comment[zh_CN]=使用 Writer 创建并编辑信函、报表、文档和网页中的文本和图形。
Comment[zh_TW]=使用 Writer 可以在信件、報告、文件和網頁中建立與編輯文字和圖形。
Comment[zu]=Yenza futhi ulungise umbhalo nemidwebo esezinhlamvini zamagama, emibikweni, emafayelini nasemakhasini eWebhu ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
InitialPreference=5
X-Ayatana-Desktop-Shortcuts=New
[New Shortcut Group]
Name=New Document
Name[en]=New Document
Name[ast]=Documentu nuevu
Name[ca]=Document nou
Name[da]=Nyt dokument
Name[de]=Neues Dokument
Name[es]=Documento nuevo
Name[el]=Νέο έγγραφο
Name[fi]=Uusi tekstiasiakirja
Name[fr]=Nouveau document
Name[gl]=Novo documento
Name[he]=מסמך חדש
Name[hr]=Novi dokument
Name[hu]=Új dokumentum
Name[it]=Nuovo documento
Name[is]=Nýtt textaskjal
Name[ja]=新規文書を作成
Name[ku]=Belgeya nű
Name[nl]=Nieuw Document
Name[pt_BR]=Novo documento
Name[ro]=Document nou
Name[ru]=Новый документ
Name[sl]=Nov dokument
Name[te]=కొత్త పత్రం
Name[vi]=Tŕi liệu mới
Name[zh_CN]=新建文档
Name[zh_TW]=新增文件
TargetEnvironment=Unity
You'll need to start a root nautilus window. Press Alt-F2 and type:

gksu nautilusand then navigate to File System -> usr -> share -> applications

and drag and drop it in, most likely replacing the old LO one.

I hope this fixes it, but it's a long shot. You might be best off making a bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+filebug)against Unity.

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Please use code tags - if you are using New Reply button - highlight text and use the # button in the text box header.

If using Quick Reply then
at the beginning and at the end.
OK Thanks.
Is the POST #22 a correct one?

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
As promised: try copying this to a new file called libreoffice-writer.desktop, then copy that to /usr/share/applications/

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Icon=libreoffice-writer
Type=Application
Categories=Office;
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-flat-xml;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.global;application/msword;application/vnd.ms-word;application/x-doc;application/x-hwp;application/rtf;text/rtf;application/vnd.wordperfect;application/wordperfect;application/vnd.lotus-wordpro;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;applicati on/vnd.ms-word.document.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template;applicati on/vnd.ms-word.template.macroenabled.12;
Name=LibreOffice Writer
GenericName=Word Processor
GenericName[en]=Word Processor
GenericName[af]=Woordverwerker
GenericName[ar]=معالج المستندات
GenericName[as]=Word প্ৰচেছৰ
GenericName[ast]=Procesador de testos
GenericName[be]=Тэкставы працэсар
GenericName[bg]=Текстообработка
GenericName[bn]=ওয়ার্ড প্রসেসর
GenericName[br]=Kewerier testenn
GenericName[bs]=Program za obradu teksta
GenericName[ca]=Processador de textos
GenericName[ca_XV]=Processador de textos
GenericName[cs]=Textový procesor
GenericName[cy]=Prosesydd Geiriau
GenericName[da]=Tekstbehandling
GenericName[de]=Textverarbeitung
GenericName[dz]=Word Processor
GenericName[el]=Επεξεργαστής Word
GenericName[en_GB]=Word Processor
GenericName[en_ZA]=Word Processor
GenericName[eo]=Verkilo
GenericName[es]=Procesador de texto
GenericName[et]=Tekstitöötlus
GenericName[eu]=Testu prozesatzailea
GenericName[fa]=واژه*پرداز
GenericName[fi]=Tekstinkäsittely
GenericName[fr]=Traitement de texte
GenericName[ga]=Próiseálaí Focal
GenericName[gl]=Procesador de textos
GenericName[gu]=વર્ડ પ્રોસેસર
GenericName[he]=מעבד תמלילים
GenericName[hi]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[hr]=Program za obradu teksta
GenericName[hu]=Szövegszerkesztő
GenericName[id]=Pengolah Kata
GenericName[is]=Ritvinnsluforrit
GenericName[it]=Elaboratore di testo
GenericName[ja]=ワードプロセッサ
GenericName[ka]=Word Processor
GenericName[km]=កម្មវិធី​វាយ​អត្ថបទ
GenericName[ko]=워드 프로세서
GenericName[ku]=Kiryarę Peyvan
GenericName[lt]=Tekstų rengyklė
GenericName[lv]=Tekstapstrādes programma
GenericName[mk]=Обработка на текст
GenericName[ml]=വേര്*ഡ് പ്രൊസസ്സര്*
GenericName[mn]=Ворд боловсруулагч
GenericName[mr]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[nb]=Skriveprogram
GenericName[ne]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
GenericName[nl]=Tekstverwerker
GenericName[nn]=Teksthandsamar
GenericName[nr]=Word Processor
GenericName[nso]=Sebopi sa mantšu
GenericName[oc]=Tractament de tčxte
GenericName[om]=Hujeessaa Jecha
GenericName[or]=ଶବ୍ଦ ସଞ୍ଚାଳକ
GenericName[pa_IN]=ਵਰਡ ਪਰੋਸੈਸਰ
GenericName[pl]=Word Processor
GenericName[pt]=Processador de texto
GenericName[pt_BR]=Editor de texto
GenericName[qtz]=Qgym‖Word Processor
GenericName[ro]=Procesor de text
GenericName[ru]=Текстовый процессор
GenericName[rw]=Musesenguramagambo
GenericName[si]=ලිපි සකසනය
GenericName[sk]=Textový procesor
GenericName[sl]=Urejevalnik besedila
GenericName[sr]=Уређивач текста
GenericName[ss]=Word Processor
GenericName[st]=Word Processor
GenericName[sv]=Ordbehandlare
GenericName[ta]=சொற்செயலி
GenericName[te]=వర్డ్ ప్రాసెసర్
GenericName[tg]=Word Processor
GenericName[th]=Word Processor
GenericName[tn]=Word Processor
GenericName[tr]=Kelime İşlemci
GenericName[ts]=Word Processor
GenericName[ug]=يېزىق بىر تەرەپ قىلىش
GenericName[uk]=Текстовий процесор
GenericName[uz]=Matn protsessori
GenericName[ve]=Word Processor
GenericName[vi]=Xử lý từ
GenericName[xh]=Word Processor
GenericName[zh_CN]=字处理器
GenericName[zh_TW]=文書處理器
GenericName[zu]=Word Processor
Comment=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[en]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[af]=Skep en redigeer teks en grafika in briewe, verslae, dokumente en webbladsye met Writer.
Comment[ar]=إنشاء النصوص والرسومات في الخطابات، والتقارير، والمستندات وصفحات ويب وتحريرها باستخدام Writer.
Comment[as]=Writer ব্যৱহাৰ কৰি চিঠি, সংবাদ, দস্তাবেজ আৰু পৃষ্ঠাবোৰত থকা লিখনী আৰু গ্ৰাফিক্স সৃষ্টি আৰু সম্পাদনা কৰক।
Comment[ast]=Crear y editar testos y gráficos de cartes, informes, documentos y páxines Web usando Writer.
Comment[be]=Стварайце і рэдагуйце тэкст і графіку ў лістах, справаздачах, дакументах і старонках Сеціва з дапамогаю Writer-а.
Comment[bg]=С Writer можете да създавате и редактирате текст и графики в писма, отчети, документи и уебстраници.
Comment[bn]=রাইটার ব্যবহার করে চিঠিপত্র, রিপোর্ট, নথি এবং ওয়েবপেজের লেখা ও ছবি তৈরি এবং সম্পাদনা করুন।
Comment[br]=Writer - Krouiń hag embann testennoů ha skeudennoů evit lizhiri, danevelloů, teulioů ha pajennoů Web.
Comment[bs]=Kreiranje i uređivanje teksta i grafike u pismima, izvještajima, dokumentima i Web stranicama koristeći Writer.
Comment[ca]=Creeu i editeu textos i grŕfics en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
Comment[ca_XV]=Creeu i editeu textos i grŕfics en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
Comment[cs]=Writer umožňuje vytvářet a upravovat text a grafiku v dopisech, sestavách, dokumentech a webových stránkách.
Comment[cy]=Creu a golygu testun a graffigau mewn llythyron, adroddiadau, dogfennau a thudalennau Gwe gyda Writer.
Comment[da]=LibreOffice-tekstdokument
Comment[de]=Erstellen und bearbeiten von Text und Grafiken in Briefen, Reports, Dokumenten und Web-Seiten - Writer macht's möglich.
Comment[dz]=རྩོམ་འབྲི་པ་ལག་ལེན་འཐབ་ཐོག་ལས་ ཝེབ་པེཇི་དང་ ཡིག་ཆའི་རིགས་ སྙན་ཞུའི་རིགས་ ཡི་གུའི་རིགས་ཚུ་ནང་ལུ་ ཚིག་ཡིག་དང་ཚད་རིས་ཚུ་བཟོ་ནི་དང་ཞུན་དག་རྐྱབ་ནི །
Comment[el]=Δημιουργία και επεξεργασία κειμένου και γραφικών σε επιστολές, αναφορές, έγγραφα και ιστοσελίδες με τη χρήση του Writer.
Comment[en_GB]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages using Writer.
Comment[en_ZA]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[eo]=Krei kaj redakti tekston kaj grafikaĵojn en leteroj, raportoj, dokumentoj kaj TTT-paĝoj per Verkilo.
Comment[es]=Cree y edite texto y gráficos en cartas, informes, documentos y páginas Web con Writer.
Comment[et]=Writer vőimaldab luua ja redigeerida kirjade, aruannete, dokumentide ning veebilehtede teksti ja pilte.
Comment[eu]=Testua eta grafikoak sortu eta editatu gutunetan, txostenetan, dokumentuetan eta web orrietan Writer erabiliz.
Comment[fa]=با استفاده از کاتب، متن و گرافیک نامه*ها، گزارش*ها، نوشتارها و صفحات وب را ایجاد یا ویرایش کنید.
Comment[fi]=Luo ja muokkaa tekstiä ja grafiikkaa kirjeisiin, raportteihin, tekstiasiakirjoihin ja internet-sivuihin Writer-ohjelmalla.
Comment[fr]=Writer - Création et édition de textes et d'images pour courriers, rapports, documents et pages Web.
Comment[ga]=Cruthaigh téacs agus grafaicí i litreacha, tuairiscí, cáipéisí, agus leathanaigh Ghréasáin le Writer.
Comment[gl]=Crear e editar texto ou imaxes en cartas, informes, documentos e páxinas web usando Writer.
Comment[gu]=લખાણ દ્દારા પત્રો, અહેવાલો, દસ્તાવેજો અને વેબ પાનાઓમાં લખાણ અને ચિત્રો બનાવો અને સુઘારો.
Comment[he]=יצירה ועריכה של טקסט וגרפיקה במכתבים, דוחות, מסמכים ודפי אינטרנט באמצעות Writer.
Comment[hi]=लेखक के प्रयोग से पत्र, रिपोर्ट, दस्तावेज़ में पाठ और आरेख बनाता है और संपादित करता है.
Comment[hr]=Stvorite i uredite tekst i slike u pisma, izvješćima, dokumentima i web stranicama.
Comment[hu]=Levelek, jelentések, dokumentumok és weboldalak szövegének és grafikájának létrehozása és szerkesztése a Writer használatával.
Comment[id]=Mengolah teks dan gambar pada surat, laporan, dokumen, dan halaman Web menggunakan Writer.
Comment[is]=Búa til og breyta texta og myndefni í bréfum, skýrslum, skjölum og vefsíđum međ ţví ađ nota Writer.
Comment[it]=Usando Writer, potete creare e modificare il testo e le immagini di lettere, rapporti, documenti e pagine Web.
Comment[ja]=Writer を使用して、レター、レポート、ドキュメントおよび Web ページのテキストおよび図を作成および編集します。
Comment[ka]=ქმნის და ასწორებს დოკუმენტებსა და დიაგრამებს წერილებში, მოხსენებებში, დოკუმენტებში და ვებ-გვერდებში Writer-ის მეშვეობით.
Comment[km]=បង្កើត និង​កែ​សម្រួល​អត្ថបទ និង​ក្រាហ្វិក​ក្នុង​សំបុត្រ របាយការណ៍ ឯកសារ និង​ទំព័រ​បណ្តាញ​ដោយ​ប្រើ Writer ។
Comment[ko]=Writer를 사용하여 편지, 보고서, 문서 및 웹 페이지에서 텍스트와 그림을 만들고 편집할 수 있습니다.
Comment[ku]=Nivîs ű grafîkęn di name, rapor, belge ű rűpelęn torę de bî Writerę çębike ű sererast bike.
Comment[lt]=Tekstų rengykle galima kurti laiškus, ataskaitas, kitus dokumentus ir tinklalapius, įterpti į juos paveikslus.
Comment[lv]=Veidot un rediģēt tekstu un grafisku vēstulēs, atskaitēs, dokumentos un tīmekļa lapās, lietojot Writer.
Comment[mk]=Креирајте и уредувајте текст и графика во писма, извештаи, документи и веб-страници со користење на Writer.
Comment[ml]=റൈറ്റര് ഉപയോഗിച്ച് കത്തുകളിലെയും റിപ്പോര്ട്ടുകളിലെയും ഡോക്കുമെന്റിലെയും വെബ് പേജിലെയും ടെക്സ്റ്റും ഗ്രാഫിക്സും സൃഷ്ടിക്കുകയും എഡിറ്റു ചെയ്യുകയും ചെയ്യുക.
Comment[mn]=Writer ашиглан захиа, тайлан, баримт дахь бичвэр ба график үүсгэх болон засварлах.
Comment[mr]=Writer चा वापरून पत्रं, अहवाल, दस्तऐवज व वेब पान अंतर्गत पाठ्य व चित्रलेख बनवा व संपादीत करा.
Comment[nb]=Opprett og rediger tekst og bilder i brev, rapporter, dokumenter og nettsider ved ĺ bruke Writer.
Comment[ne]=लेखकको प्रयोगद्वारा चिठ्ठीहरू, प्रतिवेदनहरू, कागजातहरू र वेब पृष्ठहरूमा पाठ तथा ग्राफिक्स सिर्जना तथा सम्पादन गर्नुहोस् ।
Comment[nl]=Met Writer kunt u tekst en afbeeldingen in brieven, rapporten, documenten en webpagina's maken en bewerken.
Comment[nn]=Med Writer kan du laga og redigera tekst og bilete i brev, rapportar, dokument og nettsider.
Comment[nr]=Enza nokuhlela itheksti neentjengiso eziseencwadini, emibikweni, emitlolweni nemakhasini weWebh ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
Comment[nso]=Hlama le go lokiša sengwalwa le dikrafiki mangwalong, dipegong, ditokumenteng le matlakaleng a wepe ka go diriša Writer.
Comment[oc]=Writer - Creacion e edicion de tčxtes e d'imatges per corričrs, rapňrts, documents e paginas Web.
Comment[om]=Bareessaa fayyadamuun xalayaalee, gabasota, galmeewwanii fi fuulota saphaphuu irratti barruu fi saxxatoo uumi, gulaali.
Comment[or]=ରାଇଟର ଉପୟୋଗ କରି ପତ୍ରଗୁଡିକରେ, ରିପୋର୍ଟରେ,ଦଲିଲଗୁଡିକରେ ଏବଂ ଉଏବ୍ ପୃଷ୍ଠାଗୁଡିକରେ ଟେକ୍ସଟ ଏବଂ ଲେଖାଚିତ୍ରଗୁଡିକୁ ସୃଷ୍ଟି ଏବଂ ସମ୍ପାଦନ କରନ୍ତୁ।
Comment[pa_IN]=ਰਾਇਟਰ ਨਾਲ ਪੱਤਰਾਂ, ਰਿਪੋਰਟਾਂ, ਡੌਕੂਮੈਂਟਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਵੈੱਬ ਸਫ਼ਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਟੈਕਸਟ ਅਤੇ ਚਿੱਤਰ ਬਣਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਸੋਧੇ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ।
Comment[pl]=Twórz i edytuj listy, raporty, dokumenty i strony www wykorzystując program Writer.
Comment[pt]=Criar e editar texto e objetos gráficos em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas web através do Writer.
Comment[pt_BR]=Crie e edite textos e figuras em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas da Web por meio do Writer.
Comment[qtz]=seqx‖Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[ro]=Creați și editați text și grafică în scrisori, rapoarte, documente și pagini web folosind Writer.
Comment[ru]=Создание и редактирование текста и рисунков в письмах, отчётах, документах или веб-страницах.
Comment[rw]=Kurema no guhindura umwandiko n'ibishushanyo mu mabaruwa, raporo, inyandiko na paji Rubuga ukoresheje Writer.
Comment[si]=Writer භාවිතා කරමින් ලිපි වල පෙළ සහ චිත්*රක, වාර්තා, ලිපි සහ වියුණු පිටු සාදන්න සහ වෙනස් කරන්න.
Comment[sk]=Vytvárajte a upravujte textové a grafické listy, správy, dokumenty a webové stránky s použitím Writer.
Comment[sl]=S programom Writer ustvarjajte in urejajte besedilo in slike v pismih, poročilih, dokumentih in spletnih straneh.
Comment[sr]=Пишите и уређујте текст и графику у писмима, извештајима и веб страницама у Писцу.
Comment[ss]=Yakha u-edithe umbhalo nemagrafiki etincwadzini, umbiko, wemadokhumenti nemapheji eWebhu ngekusebentisa Writer.
Comment[st]=Bopa le ho lokisa mongolo le ditshwantsho mangolong, ditlalehong, ditokomaneng le maqepheng a Wepe ka ho sebedisa Writer.
Comment[sv]=Skapa och redigera text och grafik i brev, rapporter, dokument och webbsidor med hjälp av Writer.
Comment[ta]=கடிதங்கள், அறிக்கைகள், ஆவணங்கள், வலைப்பக்கங்கள் ஆகியவற்றின் உரை, படங்கள் இவற்றை உருவாக்கவும் தொகுக்கவும் ரைட்டரைப் பயன்படுத்துக.
Comment[te]=పత్రము మరియు లేఖ యొక్క చిత్రరూపములు,నివేదనలు,పత్రములు మరియు వ్రాయు యంత్రమును ఉపయోగించిన వెబ్ పుటలును నిర్మించి సరిచేయుము.
Comment[tg]=Бо ёрии Writer матн ва тасвир сохтан, онҳоро ислоҳ кардан мумкин аст.
Comment[th]=สร้างและแก้ไขข้อความและกราฟิกส์ในจดหมาย รายงาน เอกสาร และหน้าเว็บโดยการใช้ Writer
Comment[tn]=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
Comment[tr]=Writer kullanarak mektuplardaki metin ve grafikleri, rapor, belge ve Web sayfaları oluşturabilir ve düzenleyebilirsiniz.
Comment[ts]=Cinca ni ku lulamisa marito ni vudirowi eka mapapila, swiviko, tidokumente ni tipheji ta Web hi ku tirhisa Writer.
Comment[ug]=Writer ئىشلىتىپ خەت-چەك، دوكلات جەدۋىلى، پۈتۈك ۋە تور بەتتىكى تېكست ۋە گرافىكلارنى قۇرۇپ تەھرىرلىگىلى بولىدۇ.
Comment[uk]=Створення та редагування тексту та графіки у листах, звітах, документах та веб-сторінках.
Comment[uz]=Writer yordamida hisobotlar, matn hujjatlari, veb sahifalar yaratish va tahrirlash.
Comment[ve]=Vhumbani ni dovhe ni lulamise ḽiṅwalwa na dzigirafiki kha maṅwalo, mivhigo, maṅwalo na masiaṱari a Web nga u shumisa Writer.
Comment[vi]=Tạo vŕ sửa văn bản vŕ đồ họa trong lá thư, báo cáo, tŕi liệu vŕ trang Web bằng Writer.
Comment[xh]=Dala uze uhlele isiqendu nezazobe zegrafu ezileteni, iingxelo, amaxwebhu namakhasi Othungelwano ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
Comment[zh_CN]=使用 Writer 创建并编辑信函、报表、文档和网页中的文本和图形。
Comment[zh_TW]=使用 Writer 可以在信件、報告、文件和網頁中建立與編輯文字和圖形。
Comment[zu]=Yenza futhi ulungise umbhalo nemidwebo esezinhlamvini zamagama, emibikweni, emafayelini nasemakhasini eWebhu ngokusebenzisa i-Writer.
InitialPreference=5
X-Ayatana-Desktop-Shortcuts=New
[New Shortcut Group]
Name=New Document
Name[en]=New Document
Name[ast]=Documentu nuevu
Name[ca]=Document nou
Name[da]=Nyt dokument
Name[de]=Neues Dokument
Name[es]=Documento nuevo
Name[el]=Νέο έγγραφο
Name[fi]=Uusi tekstiasiakirja
Name[fr]=Nouveau document
Name[gl]=Novo documento
Name[he]=מסמך חדש
Name[hr]=Novi dokument
Name[hu]=Új dokumentum
Name[it]=Nuovo documento
Name[is]=Nýtt textaskjal
Name[ja]=新規文書を作成
Name[ku]=Belgeya nű
Name[nl]=Nieuw Document
Name[pt_BR]=Novo documento
Name[ro]=Document nou
Name[ru]=Новый документ
Name[sl]=Nov dokument
Name[te]=కొత్త పత్రం
Name[vi]=Tŕi liệu mới
Name[zh_CN]=新建文档
Name[zh_TW]=新增文件
TargetEnvironment=Unity
You'll need to start a root nautilus window. Press Alt-F2 and type:

gksu nautilusand then navigate to File System -> usr -> share -> applications

and drag and drop it in, most likely replacing the old LO one.

I hope this fixes it, but it's a long shot. You might be best off making a bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+filebug)against Unity.

Thanks. Pls consider that I have no experience with terminal.
If you think I have a LibreOffice bug, could I download LO again?

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
The situation has changed.
Now the LibreOffice Writer's icon is steady in the Launcher (I locked it).
The strange thing is that when I am working some Writer files the little triangle appears beside the icon, and I can return to the Writer files from a different application just clicking on the icon.
On the contrary, when I am working different Writer files no triangle appears beside the icon and clicking on the icon does not work.

Couldn't I have caused such a problem by checking a menu command erroneously?

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
The situation has changed.
Now the LibreOffice Writer's icon is steady in the Launcher (I locked it).
The strange thing is that when I am working some Writer files the little triangle appears beside the icon, and I can return to the Writer files from a different application just clicking on the icon.
On the contrary, when I am working different Writer files no triangle appears beside the icon and clicking on the icon does not work.

Couldn't I have caused such a problem by checking a menu command erroneously?

No...but if it helps, there's various ways to switch windows. Super-W is one, as is Alt-Tab.

Sorry, but I've no idea why it's doing that.

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 01:33 PM
No...but if it helps, there's various ways to switch windows. Super-W is one, as is Alt-Tab.

Sorry, but I've no idea why it's doing that.

Thanks, I took note of the other ways.
Actually it is a strange behavior. Also considering that all LO Calc files work correctly, at least so far.
What do you think about to download LO Writer again?

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks, I took note of the other ways.
Actually it is a strange behavior. Also considering that all LO Calc files work correctly, at least so far.
What do you think about to download LO Writer again?

You could try.

sudo apt-get purge libreoffice-writer
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-writer

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
You could try.

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-writer
Could I download LOWriter from LibreOffice site?
As you see I am awfully afraid of terminal?

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Could I download LOWriter from LibreOffice site?
As you see I am awfully afraid of terminal?

You could. But it would be far easier to use Ubuntu's system.

My apologies, you can use graphical tools if you prefer. Open the software centre, remove Writer, then install it again, log out and see the change (if any).

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
You could. But it would be far easier to use Ubuntu's system.

My apologies, you can use graphical tools if you prefer. Open the software centre, remove Writer, then install it again, log out and see the change (if any).

I did. Through Software Centre I removed and Installed Again Writer. Shut down.
The Writer icon is steady in the Launcher, but now no Writer file shows the triangle and therefore the icon does not recall it when different applications are running.
I can use the other ways you suggested.

Thank you for your assistance, it has been a real pleasure to have met a kind person like you are.

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I did. Through Software Centre I removed and Installed Again Writer. Shut down.
The Writer icon is steady in the Launcher, but now no Writer file shows the triangle and therefore the icon does not recall it when different applications are running.
I can use the other ways you suggested.

Thank you for your assistance, it has been a real pleasure to have met a kind person like you are.

The terminal method will remove configuration files as well as the program, that might do it. You never know.

This is the good thing about open-source software, someone will likely fix it if we can track down why.

Not a problem, I try my best. :)

arno48
August 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM
The terminal method will remove configuration files as well as the program, that might do it. You never know.

This is the good thing about open-source software, someone will likely fix it if we can track down why.

Not a problem, I try my best. :)
OK.
You say I have to use terminal
I say I don't want to use commands I don't know.
The solution is that I have to learn terminal commands.
This is what I want to do in the next days, then I shall be able to execute the command lines you suggested in previous post.
I'll keep you informed about the results.
Thank you a lot.

MG&TL
August 4th, 2012, 09:58 PM
OK.
You say I have to use terminal
I say I don't want to use commands I don't know.
The solution is that I have to learn terminal commands.
This is what I want to do in the next days, then I shall be able to execute the command lines you suggested in previous post.
I'll keep you informed about the results.
Thank you a lot.

I'm not saying you have to use the terminal. It's just something to try. I have absolutely no idea what's going on (my LO works fine)...so I'm just going through things it might be.

The only reason I'm giving commands is that they're guaranteed to work (or you have a very serious problem), and they cut out a layer of other things to go wrong. Also, for nerds like me, it's easier than saying 'click that button, then flick that switch, type this in the box, search for that...'.

If you're worried about me giving malicious commands (and that's sensible), I can explain each part.

If you wanted an alternative to those commands, you can install an alternative (more technical) software manager called synaptic package manager from the software centre. From there, search for LibreOffice, then mark the libreoffice-writer package for 'complete removal', then apply the changes, then search for it again and mark for installation. Be very careful with synaptic. Unlike the software centre, it BITES. It does warn you, but it will bite.

arno48
August 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not saying you have to use the terminal. It's just something to try. I have absolutely no idea what's going on (my LO works fine)...so I'm just going through things it might be.

The only reason I'm giving commands is that they're guaranteed to work (or you have a very serious problem), and they cut out a layer of other things to go wrong. Also, for nerds like me, it's easier than saying 'click that button, then flick that switch, type this in the box, search for that...'.

If you're worried about me giving malicious commands (and that's sensible), I can explain each part.

If you wanted an alternative to those commands, you can install an alternative (more technical) software manager called synaptic package manager from the software centre. From there, search for LibreOffice, then mark the libreoffice-writer package for 'complete removal', then apply the changes, then search for it again and mark for installation. Be very careful with synaptic. Unlike the software centre, it BITES. It does warn you, but it will bite.

Good Sunday,
Never thought about malicious people browsing in order to destroy my PC.
But I do not enjoy doing things I do not understand.
I am sure that it is the same for you.

Through Terminal I removed Writer

sudo apt-get purge libreoffice-writer then installed it again. Now I have two Writer icons in the Launcher, the new one working well (with triangles and able to recall open files),
the old one able to open Writer with Untitled files (but neither showing triangles nor recalling open files). Not. Update. Also the new icon stopped showing triangles. Luckily your trick to show all open files (Super+W) is very useful.

MG&TL
August 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Good Sunday,
Never thought about malicious people browsing in order to destroy my PC.
But I do not enjoy doing things I do not understand.
I am sure that it is the same for you.

You too. :) It's not something that happens on this forum (at least, I haven't seen any, and this forum is fairly well-policed with experienced members.) but it is worth checking what a command should do before running it. In this case, a quick google for 'apt-get purge' brought up this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto/ which explains that it complete removes a package.

You are quite right, and you should always check commands, or at least give them a google.

Through Terminal I removed Writer
Code:
then installed it again. Now I have two Writer icons in the Launcher, the new one working well (with triangles and able to recall open files),
the old one able to open Writer with Untitled files (but neither showing triangles nor recalling open files). Not. Update. Also the new icon stopped showing triangles. Luckily your trick to show all open files (Super+W) is very useful.

Feel like a nerd yet? You should...:D

Quick question-have you logged out and/or rebooted since then? Unity sometimes needs a logout to rebuild its application cache.

That's the only thing I can think of, sorry. Other than that you could:

-get very good at Alt-Tab or Super-W. This might be the easiest way, but I can see it being irritating.

-try Unity2D, see if it works for you. It doesn't look as pretty, but if it works for you, it might be worthwhile. Click the Ubuntu logo next to your name on the login screen, and select "Ubuntu 2D". Then login as normal.

-try a different desktop environment altogether. You've got a huge variety of choices in Ubuntu, but the ones I recommend are KDE (intensive but very pretty, Kubuntu comes with this by default), Xfce (more lightweight, menu-driven. Xubuntu comes with this by default), and LXDE (very lightweight, Lubuntu comes with this by default).

-use an alternative word processor. Not exactly desirable, but if you prefer to use Word or OpenOffice.org, or any other one, I don't see it having the same problem.

-survive for now, report a bug at the link I gave, and it should get fixed. The Ubuntu bug-reporting system dictates that you'll get e-mail updates on your bug's progress through triage (assessing the importance of the bug-obviously, developers want to look at bugs that stop a program from running before new features or interface redesigns.) and bugfix. (a developer fixes the bug in the 'raw' software, publishes an update for supported Ubuntu systems, and puts it in by default for the next release).

Hope this helps you come to a decision, I'm sorry I can't tell you why it's doing this.

arno48
August 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Quick question-have you logged out and/or rebooted since then?
Yes. You're quite right. I had forgotten to log out. Now icon seems to work. By the way, by Ctrl+Alt+T I opened Terminal by Ctrl- Alt-F1 I opened PROMPT are Terminal and PROMPT the same thing?

MG&TL
August 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yes. You're quite right. I had forgotten to log out. Now icon seems to work. By the way, by Ctrl+Alt+T I opened Terminal by Ctrl- Alt-F1 I opened PROMPT are Terminal and PROMPT the same thing?

Great! Don't know what happened to create that problem...glad you got it sorted.

The terminals (Ctrl-Alt-[F1-F6]) are not the same as gnome-terminal (whose shortcut is Ctrl-Alt-T), which is a terminal emulator. Terminal emulators were invented so you didn't have to switch out of your graphical environment to run a command. Hope that answers your question.

The prompt on the other hand is just the default indication of an idle terminal. By default on Ubuntu, it looks a little like this:

user@computer-name:/path/to/current/directory$

arno48
August 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
The terminals (Ctrl-Alt-[F1-F6]) are not the same as gnome-terminal (whose shortcut is Ctrl-Alt-T), which is a terminal emulator. Terminal emulators were invented so you didn't have to switch out of your graphical environment to run a command. Hope that answers your question.

The prompt on the other hand is just the default indication of an idle terminal.

Due to my poor English I am not quite sure to have understood.
Is the following correct?

CTRL-Alt-T is the shortcut to Ubuntu terminal;
CTRL-Alt-F1 is the shortcut to a terminal external to Ubuntu, in fact login and password are requested.

By default on Ubuntu, it looks a little like this:

user@computer-name:/path/to/current/directory$It looks like a Etruscan Language.
Have a nice week.

MG&TL
August 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Due to my poor English I am not quite sure to have understood.
Is the following correct?

CTRL-Alt-T is the shortcut to Ubuntu terminal;
CTRL-Alt-F1 is the shortcut to a terminal external to Ubuntu, in fact login and password are requested.

It looks like a Etruscan Language.
Have a nice week.

Not especially. I'm not really sure what your native language is (your English is very good, btw), but there are many localised forums on here that you may get more specific help if you're struggling to understand my explanation. Does this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=602991 help at all?

:lol: yup, it does a bit. You too.

arno48
August 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Not especially. I'm not really sure what your native language is (your English is very good, btw), but there are many localised forums on here that you may get more specific help if you're struggling to understand my explanation. Does this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=602991 help at all?

:lol: yup, it does a bit. You too.

Yes, it helps. Thanks for all.
My wife wants me to the seaside for a few weeks and I have no internet connession there.
Have nice days you too.