PDA

View Full Version : #ubuntuforums - Why it isn't official?

Christmas
June 25th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I was looking in the Wiki until I came over this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

It's a list of the official Ubuntu related channels on IRC, on Freenode and #ubuntuforums is not included. I guess it should be, afterwards it's related to this forum which is related to Ubuntu which is related to us... isn't it? 8)

raptros-v76
June 25th, 2006, 10:08 PM
its because language is not as heavily moderated in #ubuntuforums as in the other ubuntu channels

kassetra
June 25th, 2006, 10:36 PM
its because language is not as heavily moderated in #ubuntuforums as in the other ubuntu channels

No, that's one of the results, not the reason.

raptros-v76
June 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
then why isnt it official?

zenwhen
June 25th, 2006, 11:53 PM
It is a non-issue. I should preface this post by stating that I am the channel owner.

Mark Shuttleworth and I have discussed the channel via email, and he was very positive about it. He doesn't care if the channel is "official" or not so long as the CoC is being respected. We are "official" in that we are recognized by the people who run these forums as the official channel of these forums. We may not be "official" so far as official Canonical pages are concerned, but I am not so much concerned with that, as providing a channel to mirror these forums.

I suppose I could contact someone about getting the channel listed on that page, but truthfully it won't much affect the channel's operations or purpose.

The channel exists to provide our users a place to talk and enjoy themselves. If it continues to exist, it will be for that reason.

Christmas
June 26th, 2006, 01:31 AM
That's just great!