PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo K430 Multiple monitors HELP PLEASE

shawndoog
August 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM
I just purchased the following computer:Lenovo IdeaCentre K430 3109-1NU Desktop PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz, 8GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB

My problem is that I can not get two monitor to run off the graphics card and the motherboard(both have an HDMI and a VGA input). Whenever I:

Right click--->Screen Resolution---> And try to apply the changes I get and error message that reads "unable to save display settings."

Any information will be greatly appreciated. I apologize if I did not use proper terminology to describe the situation.

Shawn G

moonlake777
November 18th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Hi,

How did you install Ubuntu on this desktop?

I just bought a similar one: LenovoŽ IdeaCentreŽ K430 Intel Core i5-3350P Processor 3.3 GHz, but can't get Ubuntu installed, keep getting "operation system not found errors". Tried to install/uninstall GRUB but didn't work.

I noticed that this series has a built in feature about "Rapid Windows 7 Start", guess this is the reason GRUB is interfered. How did you get around this problem?

Thanks

Michael_Ritter
August 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I have the same problem (operating system not found). I can boot to my Ubuntu installation using a Live CD and selecting "Boot from first harddisc"...