PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] un-installed and re-installed

czgirb
July 31st, 2012, 11:56 PM
After facing a trouble, 2 days ago I decide to give a BeatBox Music Player a try
Generally, when the it runs for the first time, it will required us a library... so, I lean it to my Music Library, which stored in external HDD ... this time it do the scan.
After about 2~3 minutes, my electricity was broke-down. But it backs 1~2 minutes later.
So, I turn on back the lapppie and re-do the scan.
Since I found no the Left side of Top Panel options … so I used a "Gear" symbol (placed on Top-Right) > Preferences > and pointed where my Music Library is stored ... but this time, it do nothing.
Why?
And I re-checked the setting and found that my Music Library still set as default folder (/home/***/Movie). So, I re-setting it to External_HDD/Sounds/Lossy.
But it still do nothing. So I re-checked the setting and found there is no change in my library setting.
This problem repeated on and on and on and on. Until I decide to:

$ sudo apt-get remove --purge beatbox
Clear all the Janitor with Ubuntu Tweak, re-start the lappie, open the terminal, type:

$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install beatbox But the newly installed BeatBox still contains previous version's library.
Why?
How can I make the newly installed BeatBox is a 100% newly installed BeatBox?

idoitprone
August 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM
sudo apt-get reinstall beatbox

NikTh
August 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Hi ,

maybe some file or folder hidden (from your eyes). Open nautilus and press Ctrl+H to see all hidden files & folders. Search something from BeatBox.

Reinstall BeatBox with command @idoitprone gave you.

Thanks