PDA

View Full Version : Do you read the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter?

irv
July 31st, 2012, 12:24 AM
And if you do read it, what is your favorite part?

I have two parts that I like. The first is Brainstorm and the second is the top questions in askubuntu.

I get the email notification so I don't miss it. Many thinks to Elizabeth Krumbach for putting this together.

Vakman
July 31st, 2012, 12:45 AM
No but I think I might start.

Linuxratty
July 31st, 2012, 02:04 AM
Didn't know there was one/

Vakman
July 31st, 2012, 02:12 AM
Didn't know there was one/

Yeah, I thought there was but I didn't really think anything of it.

deadflowr
July 31st, 2012, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I thought there was but I didn't really think anything of it.

Yeah there's a subforums dedicated to it. Elizabeth updates it when it a new issue is released. You can also subscribe to the mailing list.

I usually peruse it for nothing in particular, though I often find some interesting reading, or what have you.
This most recent one, I found interest in the private bug reporting
article(s).

sffvba[e0rt
July 31st, 2012, 10:59 AM
You know what is even more awesome than reading it? Helping out in its creation. If you are interested check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewsTeam :)

DingusFett
July 31st, 2012, 11:33 AM
I was reading it for a while, just browsed it, but haven't done for a couple of months now, no particular reason why. I could probably find out by searching, but is there an rss feed of it?

irv
July 31st, 2012, 02:56 PM

exploder
July 31st, 2012, 03:13 PM
I read the Ubuntu weekly newsletter and the PCLinuxOS magazine faithfully. I like to know what is going on. My favorite is the PCLinuxOS magazine because they interview community members. I love being able to put a face with the name of community members.

I like the honesty of the Ubuntu newsletter, they include both good and bad press and I like that.

Paddy Landau
July 31st, 2012, 11:21 PM
Yes, I always read it. It's a good way to learn of new developments.