PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ununtu 12.04 terminal???

ChrisR 254
July 31st, 2012, 12:10 AM
I am a total newbie to linux I am running this o/s from a dvd. I cannot find the terminal window. How do I start the terminal??? My harddrive died and I want to use this o/s when I get a new one. The reason I need the terminal is I am trying to install Java so I can play pogo games.

Thanks
Chris :(

levlaz
July 31st, 2012, 12:12 AM
To access the terminal press the "windows" key and type "terminal" in the heads up display... or simply point the mouse to the upper left hand corner of the screen and type terminal in the search box. you will see it right away.

GreatDanton
July 31st, 2012, 12:13 AM
You can get terminal either if you press Windows (super key) and type terminal, or just press ctrl+alt+t <----- shortcut for terminal.

Hope this helps

Regards.

levlaz
July 31st, 2012, 12:14 AM
I am a total newbie to linux I am running this o/s from a dvd. I cannot find the terminal window. How do I start the terminal??? My harddrive died and I want to use this o/s when I get a new one. The reason I need the terminal is I am trying to install Java so I can play pogo games.

Thanks
Chris :(

BTW - if you have trouble installing Java check out this site (http://www.duinsoft.nl/packages.php?t=en), its a great tutorial.

ChrisR 254
July 31st, 2012, 12:23 AM
thanks for the quick reply:D