PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] XNA Ogre Battle Style Project.

tdawgf
July 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hi all,

After work I have been going over to a friends house and he has been letting me use his desktop so that I could goof around with XNA and C#. I had been making a little ogre battle like game for the heck of it (just one map with movement and collision detection so far). I am not doing this out of desires of being a game developer. For some reason it is just fun. I am however really wanting to see if I can get something like it programmed for my linux machine and I was looking for solutions. I looked into using C++ with SDL but the idea of garbage collection scares me (I feel incredibly spoiled because even though I don't like to admit it. Visual Studio and C# are really a lot better than they were when I was in school). I also looked into using pygame to try it, and due to it being a little project for my own personal ammusement the performance difference isn't really a big deal to me. The python syntax worries me a bit though since it is a bit different from C# or C++ (imo anyway). Any recommendations on where to start. I know I am going to have to rebuild everything I have already done but that doesn't bother me. I appriciate all the replies in advance.

tdawgf
July 31st, 2012, 10:58 PM
I ended up just starting with some tutorials and SDL. I like it so far. Not really hard at all, I just have to get used to including all the libs and which is needed for what purpose. I love having access to all these tools. Ubuntu makes it so much quicker to get up and going anymore.

snip3r8
August 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
How about trying with HTML5 / Javascript games which will give you complete portability across most platforms...