PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Things to do after installing Ubuntu Server 12.04

Jorel
July 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering, is there really a "Things to do after installing Ubuntu Server 12.04"? or after the installation you can just do whatever you wanted to do or install whatever you wanted to install??

Thanks in advance...

Mopar1973Man
July 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Pretty much... But most of us would check over all the applications that you would commonly use like browser and email and get them configured properly then get the plugins for your browser like Adobe flash and other thing.

But yes you can install what you want after installing.

nothingspecial
July 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm not sure you'd want flash particularly.

It depends what you want to do with your server.

Mopar1973Man
July 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM
My Bad... (D'Oh) I didn't see the word Server...#-o

Jorel
July 31st, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hi Mopar1973Man & nothingspecial,

hehehe :P , so that means you can go directly to whatever your goals / plans to your server, like if its a file server, then you can just install Samba and Cups... and nothing more... then the rest follows if in the future if you wish to put some functions to it? is that right?

thanks guys..

nothingspecial
July 31st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Mopar1973Man & nothingspecial,

hehehe :P , so that means you can go directly to whatever your goals / plans to your server, like if its a file server, then you can just install Samba and Cups... and nothing more... then the rest follows if in the future if you wish to put some functions to it? is that right?

thanks guys..

Exactly, iirc the you are given the option of installing that sort of stuff (ssh, apache etc) during the install process.