PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Font problem

akhilblue
July 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Font appears broken in all aspects. some times the font appears okay , sometimes some letters are only half displayed. this also happens in the login scree. any idea whats wrong?

update: this is happening even in live session.

2F4U
July 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM
What is your graphics card and what graphics driver do you use? Is this a fresh installation and do you have these problems from beginning?

akhilblue
July 29th, 2012, 04:25 AM
this is a new installation. the graphics card is integrated, and i did not have this trouble in live mode. the trouble is intermittent. for example in the login sometimes the user name has lines running through it. elsewhere a particular letter is affected. each time i restart a different letter is affected.

i dont know if this should make any difference, i installed Myunity and ubuntu tweak.

akhilblue
July 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM
What is your graphics card and what graphics driver do you use? Is this a fresh installation and do you have these problems from beginning?

this is a new installation. the graphics card is integrated, and i did not have this trouble in live mode. the trouble is intermittent. for example in the login sometimes the user name has lines running through it. elsewhere a particular letter is affected. each time i restart a different letter is affected.

i dont know if this should make any difference, i installed Myunity and ubuntu tweak.