PDA

View Full Version : Document package (PDF) compiler / desktop publisher type software?

cornersolution
July 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I need to compile a document packet of about 100 pages, consisting of maybe 20 files, all of them PDF, JPEG, or plaintext.

Any recommendations for software to manage and integrate big documents? If I were running Windows, of course Adobe would have something up my alley.

I don't need to really edit within the constituent files; I only need to be able to arrange and organize them to produce a final PDF document, with unified page numbering.

Any recommendations, other than Libre Office? (inb4 LaTeX)

Many thanks.

kc1di
July 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I need to compile a document packet of about 100 pages, consisting of maybe 20 files, all of them PDF, JPEG, or plaintext.

Any recommendations for software to manage and integrate big documents? If I were running Windows, of course Adobe would have something up my alley.

I don't need to really edit within the constituent files; I only need to be able to arrange and organize them to produce a final PDF document, with unified page numbering.

Any recommendations, other than Libre Office? (inb4 LaTeX)

Many thanks.

you can do it in Libre Office , copy /paste and format the document the way you want it. Then under file tab > export as PDF
tell it where to save the Doc and your done

cornersolution
July 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I guess LibreOffice would do it, but I was hoping for something more amenable to dealing with separate mini-documents -- where I could move the parts around, etc, until final export. In LibreOffice it's just import sequentially, and no easy way to, for example, swap Part 3 with Part 15. Thank you for any ideas.

Pinoy Tux
July 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
If you're looking for the Linux equivalent for Adobe PageMaker and/or InDesign, try Scribus.

cornersolution
July 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Salamatpo kind sir/ma'am! I will check it out.

Pinoy Tux
July 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Salamatpo kind sir/ma'am! I will check it out.
Walang anuman! (You're welcome!)