PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Update Manager settings issue

AK44
July 28th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I am having an issue where if I click on the settings option in Update Manager the app simply reloads itself but never takes me to the settings menu. I have attempted (possibly incorrectly as I am very new to Ubuntu) to uninstall/reinstall the application with no change. Any ideas? On 12.04 if that matters. Thanks.

plucky
July 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I am having an issue where if I click on the settings option in Update Manager the app simply reloads itself but never takes me to the settings menu. I have attempted (possibly incorrectly as I am very new to Ubuntu) to uninstall/reinstall the application with no change. Any ideas? On 12.04 if that matters. Thanks.

From a terminal
software-properties-gtk and post whatever it outputs.

AK44
July 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
From a terminal
software-properties-gtk and post whatever it outputs.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk", line 104, in <module>
app = SoftwarePropertiesGtk(datadir=options.data_dir, options=options, file=file)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/gtk/SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py", line 85, in __init__
SoftwareProperties.__init__(self, options=options, datadir=datadir)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 96, in __init__
self.reload_sourceslist()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 584, in reload_sourceslist
self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 87, in get_sources
raise NoDistroTemplateException("Error: could not find a "
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template

plucky
July 31st, 2012, 09:24 AM
("Error: could not find a "
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template

Could you post the output from a terminal for
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

Dawnbandit
July 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Yea, because that sounds a little disconcerting, was it like this when you installed Ubuntu?

AK44
August 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM

http://pastebin.com/7RCrc2LJ

Yea, because that sounds a little disconcerting, was it like this when you installed Ubuntu?

No, I know for a fact it worked fine before I updated to 12.04 from 11.10. I am pretty sure it worked after the update as well but am not 100% confident there.

plucky
August 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Those sources look ok as they all seem to be valid.I am not really sure what to do next to get Software Sources working again.

Do you have a Software Sources launcher in the DASH?

Does that work?

AK44
August 8th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Ok I fixed my problem with this link - http://askubuntu.com/questions/126498/12-04-reports-itself-as-quantal-after-installing-the-toolchain-test-ppa