PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Access Windows Desktop from PCManFM (Wubi Lubuntu 12.04)

Lyfang
July 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi, when I try to open the Windows Desktop with PCManFM I get: The specified directory does not exist. I've Wubi Lubuntu 12.04 installed on Windows 7. Why can't I access /host/Users/USERNAME/Desktop? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Frogs Hair
July 28th, 2012, 12:30 AM
You can access files via host with Wubi but you can't open the Windows desktop. Windows is not running while Ubuntu is in use it only uses the Windows boot loader. If I remember right you can access the some of individual folders that make up the Windows desktop directory. These include User Name and Libraries but I'm not sure about Computer , Network and Home Group.

Lyfang
July 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I can access /host/Users/USERNAME/Desktop from another computer with Wubi Lubuntu 12.04 installed.

Frogs Hair
July 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I can access /host/Users/USERNAME/Desktop from another computer with Wubi Lubuntu 12.04 installed.

USERNAME is part of that directory or at least my user name folder appears under desktop in windows 7.

Lyfang
July 29th, 2012, 12:59 AM
USERNAME is part of that directory
Yes. To clarify USERNAME: means ${USER_NAME} or even better clarification; the account name that was given at the Windows installation...